L Hotel Seminyak
Style Luxe, lively, lovely
Setting Seminyak's style strip
Bar-hopping, boutique-shopping, beach-flopping: it's all yours for the taking at L Hotel Seminyak, a swank abode in Bali's most exclusive enclave. You'll be forgiven for forgetting what lies beyond your doorstep though, as luxurious suites, anything-you-ask service, rooftop restaurants and romantic bars all conspire to make you linger longer.
Need to know
- Rooms 30 suites.
Double rooms from $277.69, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($278) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include à la carte breakfast, daily minibar with beer and soft drinks, evening cocktails and canapés, personal butler, and a shuttle service around Seminyak.
- Facilities L'Spa, gym, personal training, DVD library, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, pillow menu, Kiehl's toiletries.
- Poolside Set beside the restaurant on the ground floor, the indoor swimming pool looks spectacular at night.
- Check-out Midday; check-in, 2pm, both are flexible subject to availability, plus there is luggage storage and lounge facilities for early arrivals and late departures.
- Children Children are welcome, though the mature mood will suit self-contained teens best. Rooms can accommodate baby cots, but not extra beds; there are interconnecting suites for older families. Kids' menus and highchairs are available in the restaurant.
- Also Pets are not allowed.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at L Hotel Seminyak
Set on a mezzanine floor above the lobby, sleek all-day diner Lola is your go-to gal for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Eurasian twist from chef Rutger Nohl. Expect a cool take on Continental, such as foie gras terrine with apple and mango chutney, or caramelized pork belly with papaya salad. From late September, the teppanyaki grill and tandoor oven will be fired up at lofty rooftop eatery Luna Bar & Restaurant, a stylish space blessed with paddy field and distant beach views.
- Dress code Bright and breezy by day to match the easy-does-it Balinese holiday mode. Dress to impress by night, when flip-flops are a no-no.
- Top table Hidden in a private corner of Lola, overlooking the pool, the 'Love Corner' is a must for meals that are heavy on the romance.
- Last orders Drink and dine at Luna until 1am; early-riser Lola calls it quits at 11pm.
- Room service Available around the clock: you can order from Lola's line-up from 7am to 11pm, or Luna's list from 5pm to 11pm. Beyond that, there's an overnight menu of Indonesian and western snacks.
With a name that conjures images of a Tokyo hotel with rooms by the hour, poolside Love Bar turns up the heat with cool creations from in-house mixologist Trevor Bishop. Try the signature Grande L of vodka, raspberries, basil and chilli.
L Hotel Seminyak Jalan Raya Petitenget, No. 8L, Seminyak, Bali, 80361
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at L Hotel Seminyak
A traditional Indian Ayurvedic head massage each
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The three tiers of suites all flaunt lashings of marble, black parquet floors, white leather headboards, peek-a-boo bathrooms and carved Balinese panels on the ceiling. Splash out on a Luxe Suite for extra room, a work area and a sexy freestanding bath tub at the edge of the bedroom.
Bring your yoga kit, swimwear and designer gear for bar-hopping by night. Leave suitcase space to take home Seminyak's boutique booty.
Organic treatments and mood-soothing massages are the order of the day at neighbouring L'Spa. Plus, there's a yoga studio with twice-daily stretch sessions, and a dedicated mani/pedi room overlooking the spa's private pool.