Kinsterna Hotel & Spa
Style Pebbles and porticos
Setting Minutes from Monemvasia
High in the hills in eastern Laconia, Kinsterna Hotel & Spa lets you be king of the castle: overlook the fairy-tale rock city of Monemvasia, from a prime point, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, on an ancient Byzantine estate.
Need to know
- Rooms 27, including 19 suites.
Double rooms from $192.88 (€150), excluding tax at 6.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€150) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a champagne breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gardens, library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, minibar, Coco-Mat beds and Apivita, Bulgari or Hermès bath products.
- Poolside Out among the citrus groves, there's an L-shaped infinity pool lined by sunloungers.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible for 30 per cent of a night’s rate. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots for babies are free; extra beds for under-12s are €50. Babysitting with hotel staff costs €20 an hour (three hours’ notice required).
- Also Small pets are accommodated on request. Smokers can light up in certain areas. Two Kinsterna Suites are adapted for wheelchair users.
Food and drink at Kinsterna Hotel & Spa
The Kinsterna restaurant opens out onto the Rock-facing cistern, with tables levered above the water. The food is Mediterranean: look out for handmade ravioli stuffed with pumpkins straight from the gardens and mint-crusted lamb with couscous.
- Dress code Cool, cream linens and cosy cardis for after-dark.
- Top table Suspended over the lilies and pebbles by the ancient cistern, flanked by columns and lit up at night.The bar shuts at 2am.
- Last orders You won’t go hungry here: breakfast is served between 8am and 11.30am; lunch is on offer all afternoon (from midday until 6pm) and dinner is served between 7pm and 1am. The bar shuts at 2am.
- Room service Sandwiches, salads and burgers are available 24 hours a day, but there's a limited menu between 1am and 7am.
There’s a bar by the pool. Sip daiquiris made with fruit hand-picked in the grounds and admire the view out on the stone belvedere, or settle in at sundown by the citrus groves in the courtyard. Oenophiles will love the boutique wine cellar, carefully curated to contain local and international wines; it's next to the library.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Kinsterna Hotel & Spa Agios Stefanos, Monemvasia, Laconia, 23070
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kinsterna Hotel & Spa
A bottle of wine from the hotel's vineyards, 20 per cent off in the spa, fruit and handmade chocolates on arrival, a 25-minute massage each and early check-in/late check-out (if there's availability)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We liked the original Ottoman fireplace and lace feature wall in Room 33, and the cosy colours of Room 34. The scent of mint reaches Room 15 from its private garden and terrace, and the view out to the citrus groves and the Aegean is impressive, too.
Match the frilly lampshades and headboards in the bedrooms with a lace dress or two; binoculars for checking out Monemvasia from a distance.
The hotel’s spa has a traditional Ottoman hammam, with water cabins, treatment rooms and Jacuzzis indoors and out. In-room massages can also be arranged.