Style The city's original designer den
Setting Foothills of Table Mountain
Kensington Place is Cape Town’s original boutique bolthole, located on the slopes of Table Mountain, a stroll from all the action, and a drive from amazing beaches. Discerning urbanites after a cool city break benefit from its Kloof Street position, but it's removed enough to allow them to enjoy some romance and R&R. In addition to the hotel’s design appeal, superb service makes this sanctuary special, along with little extras such as free champagne and oysters.
Need to know
- Rooms Eight.
Double rooms from $203.10 (ZAR1,946), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR1,946) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Solar-heated pool, in-room pamper sessions, off-street parking, library. Off-site exercise facilities (aerobics, tennis, squash, weights, etc) through Virgin Active. In rooms: laptop, free WiFi, beach bag and towels, air-con.
- Check-out 11.30am, but flexible, depending on availability.
- Children No children under 12.
- Also All rooms are non-smoking; ashtrays are provided on terraces and in the lounge bar. There's a five-night minimum stay from 20 december to 2 January.
Food and drink at Kensington Place
- Hotel restaurant Light, healthy food, using the freshest of ingredients. Lunch is low-key and along the lines of the room-service menu (see below); supper is private-dining style. Our favourite feature is that breakfast is served all day.
- Dress code Dress up as much as you want if you plan to hit CT's hippest nightspots.
- Top table Grab a table on the porch – the weather is almost always fair, but even when it isn't entirely lovely, this is a wonderful spot.
- Room service Pastas, salads, open sandwiches, fresh fruit, cheese and antipasto platters available throughout the day.
- Hotel bar Open 24 hours a day; there’s always a smiling soul on hand to mix you a cocktail. The Kensington Place cocktail is a mix of vodka, lime, soda water and bitters – perfect for balmy summer evenings.
Kensington Place 38 Kensington Crescent, Higgovale, Cape Town, 8001
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kensington Place
A glass of champagne on arrival, and a complimentary bottle of wine. Members also receive a presentation box of aromatherapy bath and massage oils
Current offers at Kensington Place
Offers at Kensington Place
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 1 has wonderfully soothing decor and double balcony, with a fireplace, and excellent views over the city and Table Mountain. Room 7 is the room without a view, but its allure is that it is very secluded and has its own private garden and incredible outdoor-feel bathroom. Note: the hotel will not guarantee a specific room in high season; they'll try their best but need to retain flexibility.
No need to take your towels or beach bags in summer – the hotel provides these, as well as factor-30 sun lotion by the pool. In winter they'll lend you umbrellas. And remember your gym kit to take advantage of the access to Virgin Active.
From the Guestbook…
Amazing setting but do request a view. We had a gorgeous, massive room but were disappointed not to have a view. The great thing about this hotel is that it's an easy walk into to...more