Style Thatched villa hideaways
Setting Serene cinnamon groves
Mix traditional Balinese villa design, a home-from-home ambience, spa-resort luxury and a lush tropical location in the heart of the island and you have Kayumanis Ubud. Enjoy utter privacy in your own thatched villa, with a cinnamon-tree-shaded pool and an ever-ready personal butler. ‘Romantic’ is an understatement.
Need to know
- Rooms 23, including 19 private one-bedroom villas, two two-bedroom Residence Villas, the three-bedroom Owner's Villa and the one-bed Kayumanis Suite.
Double rooms from $232.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($232) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, a 30-minute massage, and a private shuttle service around Ubud, from 7am to 11pm.
- Facilities Spa, library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: fully equipped kitchenette, TV, DVD player on request, CD player, sound system, minibar.
- Poolside Each villa has its own large private pool and sundeck within a secluded tropical garden.
- Check-out Midday, although both early check-in and late check-out can be arranged, subject to availability.
- Children Kayumanis is very much an adult playground, however children aged 16 and above are welcome.
- Also Your personal butler is on hand to provide afternoon tea, daily fresh fruit and a constantly stocked complimentary minibar, and anything else you request or require. Smoking is allowed throughout.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at Kayumanis Ubud
- Hotel restaurant If you can tear yourself away from the cloistered luxury of your villa, let chef Nyoman Mustika serve you up some thom yam goong in the Dining Corner – traditional Thai food at its spicy best.
- Dress code Laid-back Balinese or cool flowing cotton – from sarongs to Stella McCartney, anything goes.
- Top table The corner table on the bottom deck gives you a privacy boost, as well as putting you closest to the stunning natural surrounding.
- Last orders The Dining Corner and the Wine Corner both close at 11pm.
- Room service You can order an a-la-carte meal served overlooking your own private pool and garden. The staff will also fill your garden and villa with hundreds of flickering candles if you’re after an ultra-romantic evening for two.
- Hotel bar The elevated Wine Corner lounge is a great place to hole up and usher in the dusk with a good bottle from the extensive cellar. Cocktail fans will lap up (or at least contentedly sip) the Sayan Forest, a blend of Kahlua, fresh strawberry and milk.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Kayumanis Ubud Banjar Baung, Sayan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, 80571
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kayumanis Ubud
A one-hour Relaxing Massage for two and a romantic flower bath on arrival
Current offers at Kayumanis Ubud
Offers at Kayumanis Ubud
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Because each one is uniquely styled according to a different cultural theme, the best villas depend on your taste. We like the traditional Balinese and the rustic, back-to-nature Primitive villas, but there’s also Javanese, Oriental, Palembang and Modern to choose from, and each comes in one-, two- or three-bed flavours. Get a valley view if you can.
Yoga clothing – there are classes every Wednesday. Keep some space in your suitcase for authentic Balinese artworks in gallery-packed Ubud town.
Kayumanis Ubud also organises trips to Buahan village for a picnic lunch overlooking the mountains and Ayung river valley or to watch the sunset at famous Tanah Lot, a romantic temple perched on cliffs high above the ocean.