Style Thatched villa sanctuary
Setting South Bali coconut groves
Set back from a traditional fisherman’s beach beneath a canopy of coconut palms, Kayumanis Jimbaran’s 19 thatched villas typify the Balinese tradition of balanced indoor and outdoor living. Sliding glass doors open your warm woody bedroom up to the balmy sea air, and you can step from the comfort of your tiger-swingingly spacious lounge into the private glassy-blue pool.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 private pool villas.
Double rooms from $266.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($266) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, welcome drink on arrival, a 30-minute back and shoulder massage, in-room soft drinks (restocked daily), cookies, fresh fruit, daily high tea, 24-hour private butler, local shuttle service and return airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa, meditation garden, restaurant, private butler service, concierge, DVD/CD selection, library, free WiFi throughout, free valet parking on-site, access to two beach areas (both 20 minutes’ drive away). In rooms: plasma TV, CD/DVD player, Bose sound system with iPod dock, full kitchen, espresso maker, own-label toiletries.
- Poolside Each villa has its own sizeable pool, either in the villa compound itself or running beside the bedroom and living area. Rectangular and tiled in dark grey stone, each private pool is surrounded by green lawns and frangipani, with loungers alongside.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible, subject to availability.
- Children Junior Smiths are more than welcome here. Cots can be added to rooms, and a kids' menu is available. More...
- Also All of Kayumanis Jimbaran’s common areas are pram or wheelchair accessible, as are some of the rooms.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 30 and 31 December, or 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day, although stays are still possible. There may be minor noise disruption until the end of July 2013 during construction of a new restaurant.
Food and drink at Kayumanis Jimbaran
An open kitchen, a thatched pavilion and a collection of garden gazebos make up Tapis Restaurant, the resort’s inventive Indonesian eaterie. Enjoy an authentic rijstaffel banquet beneath the towering coconut palms. Western dishes are also available. Afternoon tea, served at Tapis from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, is included in room rates and makes for a relaxing daily ritual.
- Dress code Floral wraps for her; lazy linens for him.
- Top table Try to secure one of the few spots alongside the infinity pool.
- Last orders Open from 9am, all-day restaurant Tapis closes its kitchens at 11pm.
- Room service Your butler is on call 24 hours a day, to provide whatever you might need. You can have Indonesian and western dishes, as well as juices, tea and coffee, delivered to your room at any time.
Kayumanis Jimbaran has no main bar area, but drinks are available from your in-room bar at all times.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Kayumanis Jimbaran Jalan Yoga Perkanthi, Bali, Indonesia, 80364
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kayumanis Jimbaran
A one-hour Relaxing Massage for two and a romantic flower bath on arrival
Current offers at Kayumanis Jimbaran
Offers at Kayumanis Jimbaran
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Lemi villas offer the most romantic appeal as their design grants them more shade and privacy, with the pool cradled between the rustic, thatched bedroom and the semi-alfresco living area. Kayumanis’ ‘estates’ offer six different styles of interior to represent various facets of the Indonesian archipelago: Javanese, Palembang, Primitive, Oriental, Balinese and Modern. We like the Primitive style, although it’s not a word we’d usually associate with a state-of-the-art Bose entertainment system.
Floaty, airy yoga clothes and a wide-brimmed hat to tug down over your eyes while you doze by the pool.
Sharpen your seafood chef skills with a market tour and cooking lesson. Jimbaran is one of Bali’s great fishing villages and Kayumanis’ chef will be delighted to guide you around the market, then help you prepare a delectable Balinese meal.