Kasbah du Toubkal
Style Berber castle retreat
Setting High in the High Atlas
High above sea level, the Kasbah du Toubkal looks out over three major valleys carved from majestic rocky mountains rising to over 4,000 metres. Near the foot of the highest peak in North Africa, it's only 40 miles from Marrakech, but the peace and quiet and seclusion are so complete the city seems a million miles away.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including a house with three ensuite double rooms.
Double rooms from $205.39 (€160), excluding tax at 5 per cent. Kasbah du Toubkal is unable to accept payment by credit card.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€160) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast. Two-night minimum stay.
- Facilities Basic but adequate. Traditional Berber-style hammam, with a cauldron of piping water.
- Check-out 10am, but you may be able to stay later if availability permits. Check-in: 2pm. The hotel's off-site reception in Imlil village is staffed 9am–5pm; out of hours, call +212 (0)524 48 56 11.
- Children Families will have fun taking over the Garden House as it has three rooms which link together.
- Also Two-night minimum stay. All bills incur a five per cent charge that benefits Village Association community projects. Transfers to/from Marrakech (60km) cost €85.
Food and drink at Kasbah du Toubkal
- Hotel restaurant Food is very simple Moroccan cuisine, with a lunchtime set menu for €15, and €20 at dinner.
- Top table The top terrace in summer; snuggled up by the fire in winter.
- Last orders Lunch, 1.30pm; dinner, 8.30pm.
- Room service No room service except in the Garden House or Apartment Suite, but mint tea, coffee and soft drinks are available throughout the day.
- Hotel bar Berber tradition dictates that no alcohol is served on the premises. You can bring your own with you so long as you’re happy to serve yourselves.
Kasbah du Toubkal Imlil, Asni, Marrakech, Atlas Mountains, IMLIL
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kasbah du Toubkal
A pair of Berber slippers
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The garden apartment, the Ifri suite, has its own lounge, terrace and balcony. The garden house has a 12-metre glass wall and a balcony looking up to the waterfalls and High Atlas mountains. All other accommodation is comfortable, but more basic.
Your trustiest walking boots.
Mule-trekking can be arranged, starting at €15 for a half day.
From the Guestbook…
Whether you are looking for challenging mountain walks with the option of returning to a comfortable base camp in the evenings, or for a place far from the madding crowd, Kasbah du...more