Style Bougainvillea-blanketed bungalows
Setting Soft sand, shady palms
With chic cottages scattered over an entire Bahamian spread off Andros Island, Kamalame Cay hotel is a perfectly private hideaway with manicured island plants and seemingly untouched shores. The bright, airy Balinese-style bungalows open up to ocean panoramas and salty sea breezes.
Need to know
- Rooms 19, including 17 suites.
Double rooms from $797.00, excluding tax at 22 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($797) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Guest of House rates include laundry service and all food and drinks, including spirits and house wines. Rates account for two adults per bedroom. Each additional adult is $195 per night.
- Facilities Spa, tennis court, pool, WiFi around the reception area. In rooms: CD player, iPod dock, minibar.
- Poolside Surrounded by cushioned loungers, Kamalame Cay’s heated beachfront freshwater pool is next to the self-serve tiki bar.
- Check-out Midday. Later check-out is possible, subject to availability.
- Children Welcome throughout the year. Children from age two up to 15 stay for $98 daily fee on rollaway beds or baby cots. Babysitting can be arranged with hotel staff, for $15 an hour. The restaurant provides a special kids’ menu. More...
- Also Float with the fish during your spa treatment. Plunked at the end of a long dock over the ocean, the spa sets its massage beds over glass floors so guests can look down at the kaleidoscopic swirls of ocean life during treatments.
- Hotel closed Mid-August to late October.
Food and drink at Kamalame Cay
The casual and communal Great House serves a contemporary Caribbean menu with typical dishes such as a lobster club sandwich with wasabi mayonnaise, mango-and-lobster summer rolls and Southern-style lionfish with grits. The chef exchanges one dish each night, so the menu is completely different by the weekend. Private beach dinners can be arranged.
- Dress code Billowing boho maxi dresses and linen trousers for nights when the windows and doors are open to sea breezes.
- Top table Start the evening with drinks on the pink Adirondack chairs beside the Great House, then nab the dining room’s centre table for the clearest ocean view. Tables line the doors of the house, so guests are guaranteed a panorama anytime, anywhere.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 6am and 11.30am. Lunch is available 12pm–3:30pm; dinner is offered from 6pm until the last guests order.
- Room service The full menu is available, but only while the kitchen’s open. Snacks are provided at other times.
The resort has two honesty bars. The one in the Great House is best for aperitifs; outside, an ocean-facing Balinese hut has a stash of tropical mixers for amateur mixologists’ Bahamian rum punches.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Kamalame Cay Staniard Creek, Andros Island, Andros
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kamalame Cay
A bottle of sparkling wine, plus a $50 spa credit.
Offers at Kamalame Cay
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are private and have direct access to the beach with two chairs set among palm trees. Of all of them, the one-bedroom Island Villa Suite, Pigeon Plum, is spacious, secluded and ideal for a couple’s getaway. The suite's wraparound veranda is the best place on the island for a sunset cocktail.
Pack your scuba certification for exploring the vertical ocean caves. Mobile phones don’t work here, so bring plenty of old-world entertainment.
Some of the most delicious ingredients in the Bahamas appear on the spa menu. Massages and scrubs use scrumptious ingredients including wild mango, avocado, lemongrass, basil and coconut.