Style Light-filled and restful
Setting Palm-shaded pools and paths
Jnane Tamsna is a family-friendly hotel that benefits from a wonderful sense of space and light. A walk from bedroom to reception is likely to pass pools, covered pathways, a wonderful garden, and a discreetly located tennis court. It’s an extremely photogenic location, and as you walk around it’s easy to imagine yourself posed artfully in some shot accompanying an article entitled ‘The Wonder of Marrakech’.
Need to know
- Rooms 24.
Double rooms from $205.50 (€159), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Jnane Tamsna is unable to accept payment by credit card.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€159) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and soft drinks. Extra beds can be added to larger or garden rooms.
- Facilities Tennis court, tennis and yoga coaching on request, bikes to hire, book and DVD libraries, free WiFi throughout.
- Poolside Three swimming pools, plus a spa with a traditional hammam.
- Check-out Flexible.
- Children Very welcome: cots (free) and beds for over 3s (€40) can be added to rooms; under 13s stay for €175–€294 a night. Babysitting and activities programmes can be arranged; there's also a TV and games room with DVD library, and a portable kid’s pool. More...
- Also Well-behaved dogs are permitted free in garden rooms. Smoking allowed, taking other guests into consideration. Disabled access is good here, and there is a wheelchair on site. Private parties and weddings are a speciality at this family-friendly escape.
- Hotel closed The hotel is closed in August.
Food and drink at Jnane Tamsna
- Hotel restaurant The kitchen serves delicious Med-Moroccan fusion, using fresh ingredients from Jnane Tamsna’s own organic herb and vegetable gardens.
- Dress code Summery, unstructured.
- Top table On the roof for cocktails; in the garden for dinner.
- Last orders None at lunch; dinner served until 12.30am by pre-arrangement if you have a late flight.
- Room service None, unless a guest is feeling unwell.
- Hotel bar There is an honesty bar in the sitting room, and waiter service from 18h45 until dinner.
Jnane Tamsna Douar Abiad, La Palmeraie, Marrakech, 40007
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Jnane Tamsna
Special bathroom products and complimentary in-room aromatherapy
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Blue Animal Room – lovely and big with a fireplace. The Green Syrian Room overlooks the olive grove. The intimate Celadon Room, with a four-poster. Moussafir House has a pool and outdoor salon; the Casablanca room has a large private terrace.
Multiple swimwear options. Sketchbook for botanical drawings and North African recipe notes.
Yoga classes and massages can be arranged. Jnane Tamsna has a rotating programme of residential events, including respected spa retreats by the likes of In:Spa, culinary courses in Jnane Tamsna's kitchens, literary salons and children's activity weekends; these must be booked in advance.