Inn at the Presidio
Style Boutique barracks
Setting Bridge-view bayside park
Perching picturesquely on San Francisco’s protected parkland, Inn at the Presidio is a leafy look at old-world California in the shade of towering eucalyptus. Once used as quarters for the gentlemen officers of the US army, the red-brick lodge is now an eco-sensitive and artistically minded retreat, lined with military memorabilia and original art.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including 17 suites.
Double rooms from $195.00, excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($195) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast and evening wine-and-cheese receptions.
- Facilities Back patio, fire pit, living room, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod docking station, minibar, coffeemaker, desk, EO bath products. Suites have fireplaces, too.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Bring the little ones: the hotel can provide pack-and-plays or an inflatable bed in Suites for no extra charge, and there are child-friendly books in each room.
- Also Dogs are welcome; a $45 non-refundable deposit is payable for your pooch to bed down in your room.
Food and drink at Inn at the Presidio
The hotel does not have a restaurant, but serves free Continental breakfast of pastries and yogurt to guests each morning. In the evenings, the Inn serves wine and cheese.
- Dress code Military-inspired jackets and casual clothes will be ideal for exploring the old barracks and wandering the park.
- Top table Head outside to the back patio with morning coffee.
- Last orders Breakfast is served until 10am.
- Room service Not available, though the Inn has a long list of recommended local spots.
None, but there is a liquor-stocked minibar in each room, so guests can bring a bottle of local wine out to the back patio.
Inn at the Presidio 42 Moraga Avenue, San Francisco, California 94129
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Inn at the Presidio
A gourmet treat such as wine truffles
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Take over 211, a second-floor Suite, for access to the communal porch, large side windows overlooking a century-old cypress, and views down a landscaped block of officers’ quarters that are also the oldest streetscape in San Francisco. Room 332 up on the third floor had the best views of the Bay.
Bring leaf-pressing gear: the park is full of Californian flora. Pack swimwear: guests of the inn have access to the park’s beaches, though the water can be chilly.
The photography in each room was snapped at different places around the Presidio. A lobby map places each image within the park. Scan the map’s QR codes with your phone and they’ll show you how to find where each shot was taken.