Hotel St Paul
Style Beaux Canada
Setting Stylish streets of Vieux Montréal
Occupying an old, bold Beaux Arts building in Montreal’s coolest quarter – the old town – Hotel St Paul is something of a trailblazer in a city swimming with bland business hotels. A warm and welcoming minimalism dominates the decor, enhanced by dramatic touches such as the fire-lit alabaster cube that lords it over the lobby, and the ethereal muslin drapes that feature in many of the rooms.
Need to know
- Rooms 120, including 20 suites.
Double rooms from $239.95 (CAD249), excluding tax at 19 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (CAD249) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities Gym, massage service, free wifi throughout, valet parking (CA$26.50 a day). In rooms: LCD TV, CD sound system, minibar. Suites have DVD players.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible, subject to availability.
- Children Under-12s stay free. Extra beds are CA$36 a day. Babysitting can be provided, with eight hours’ notice, for CA$15 an hour.
- Also Small pets are welcome for a fee of CA$75.
Food and drink at Hotel St Paul
Hambar places the a premium on pig, serving a ham-tasting menu and an impressive menu of charcuterie.
- Dress code Suave and stylish – moody monochrome ensembles to match the decor.
- Top table Greet the day from a seat overlooking the streets of old Montreal.
- Room service The hotel can deliver breakfast to your room. At other times, the staff will happily call in orders to nearby eateries.
The bar serves aperitifs cocktails, wine and champagne. There is also a menu of light fare to accompany cocktails.
Hotel St Paul 355 McGill, Montreal, Montreal, H2Y 2E8
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel St Paul
Late check-out until 4 p.m.
Current offers at Hotel St Paul
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Hotel St Paul is justifiably proud of its Black Suite on the penthouse floor (where all rooms boast 13-foot vaulted ceilings). Floor-to-ceiling muslin curtains lend a dreaminess to the atmosphere around the bed, and tall, white, folding shutters let in plenty of light to counterbalance the charcoal tones of the walls and floors. Junior Suite 1005 also grabbed our attention – we loved the burnt orange velvety sofa and the huge shuttered windows. At very least, try to get a room looking out over old Montreal or one high up the building with a view towards the St Lawrence river.
Montreal’s winters can be bone-chafingly frigid, so dress up warm twice over.