Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
Style Buenos Aires, by the book
Setting Middle of Microcentro
Set just below stylish Recoleta, Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires knows how to unwind or get playful. The cool, contemporary bolthole has a library filled with books on Argentine art and history for studious visitors looking to explore nearby sites. Those who check in to tune out should nab a sunlounger by the pool, and take in busy Buenos Aires from above.
Need to know
- Rooms 104, including two suites.
Double rooms from $94.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($94) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Library, free WiFi throughout, gym. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar.
- Poolside The sun-heated pool on the rooftop of the eighth floor is lined with loungers and soundtracked by chilled-out tunes; it is open from November to April.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability (and a half-day rate). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children The hotel does allow children; baby cots can be reserved at no charge, and rollaway beds are available for $60 per night.
- Also Rooms 212 and 312 are wheelchair-accessible.
Food and drink at Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
Served in a light, but windowless room on the lower level of the hotel, breakfast includes pastries, yogurt, egg dishes and dulce de leche. At other times, Pulizer serves ‘Visit Easy Food’, a menu of sandwiches, pasta and salads, available in the library or bar.
- Dress code Light dresses and button-down shirts are best unless you’re headed to the pool, in which case less is more.
- Top table Sit on the first floor by Visit Cocktail Bar for a brighter, more comfortable space than the lower level.
- Last orders Visit Easy Food serves until 11pm.
- Room service Sandwiches, salads, classic breakfast items and other dishes can be delivered from 7am until midnight.
Visit Cocktail Bar is the lobby-level watering hole, with a 500-bin wine list and interiors by Philippe Starck. Up on the 13th floor, Visit Sky Bar is an alfresco option. The bartenders mix mojitos, caipirinhas and martinis on the wood deck overlooking the city.
Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires Maipú 907, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1006ACM
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
A glass of red, white or cava in the bar, plus an extra something (such as chocolates) in your room
Offers at Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The rooms are all decorated in the same somewhat nautical style with blues, tans and white walls, so it’s hard to go wrong, but 1104 has a terrace and lets in plenty of light. If booking a standard room with a terrace, ask for 610 or 611, which overlook Maipu Street and have bigger terraces than the courtyard-facing rooms.
Bring dancing shoes: some of Argentina’s best tango clubs are within blocks of the hotel.
The hotel has a library with comfortable chairs and a slew of interesting books. The country’s national library, one of the most robust collections in the hemisphere, is 3km from the hotel on the site of the palace where Evita and Juan Perón once lived.