Style Graphic designers’ playhouse
Setting Close to Plaça Catalunya
Situated just a hop, skip and jump from Plaça Catalunya, and within easy reach of the city’s Gothic and El Born quarters, Hotel Pulitzer in Barcelona is a design-conscious delight. From the ornate front desk – made from gilt-edged panels taken from a Sicilian church – through to the Asian-inspired themes in the communal areas, and even the simply framed artworks in all the rooms, a laid-back, arty feel pervades throughout.
Need to know
- Rooms 92, including one suite.
Double rooms from $140.58 (€109), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.21 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€109) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Breakfast is an additional €15 a person.
- Facilities Free WiFi, library, in-room spa/beauty treatments, laundry service, free access to a nearby fitness centre with a spa and swimming pool. In rooms: flatscreen TVs, minibar, air-conditioning, bathrobe and slippers.
- Poolside There is no swimming pool at Hotel Pulitzer – all guests, however, can use the facilities at the nearby Holmes Place Fitness Centre free of charge.
- Check-out Midday, though, for an additional €60, this is flexible; earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Kids are welcome, though Pulitzer doesn’t consider itself to be a family hotel. Children’s facilities are at a minimum, though babysitting with a local nanny is available from €10 an hour.
- Also The hotel offers a programme of live music during the summer months.
Food and drink at Hotel Pulitzer
- Hotel restaurant VISIT Restaurant is where chef Fernando Oeschle serves up wonderful Mediterranean cuisine – lobster risotto, soy-marinated tuna tataki with a ginger foam, rack of lamb in a raspberry sauce – to a hip foodie crowd. The Tetris-like tessellated patterns hanging from the walls are an extension of the hotel’s arty vibe, while touches such as teardrop-shaped silk Chinese lanterns and a dramatic Bird of Paradise flower arrangement at the entrance provide touches of Eastern glamour.
- Dress code Loose, open-necked shirts for him; smart shoulder-revealing dresses for her. With a stylish rooftop bar just a lift ride away, you’ll want your evening attire to take you effortlessly into the night.
- Top table Ask for a space on one of the white banquettes against the wall – perfect for observing all the comings and goings in the restaurant.
- Last orders VISIT Restaurant closes at midnight; the bars close at the same time Sunday to Wednesday; at 1am on Thursdays; and at 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Room service Guests can order from a comprehensive menu of snacks and light meals between 7am and midnight.
- Hotel bar Nicely buzzing at weekends, the laid-back VISIT cocktail bar is where stylish locals and upscale visitors mingle to sip Pulitzer cocktails in front of a bar that’s backdropped by antique red Chinese trunks. VISIT UP, Pulitzer’s Parisian-style rooftop bar, is equally well-loved, and is the perfect place for a spot of al fresco imbibing while gazing over Barcelona’s rooftops.
Hotel Pulitzer Calle Bergara, 8., Barcelona, Spain, 08002
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Pulitzer
A glass of red wine, white wine or cava in the cocktail bar and a surprise treat (such as luxury chocolates) in your room
Current offers at Hotel Pulitzer
Offers at Hotel Pulitzer
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the very masculine Superior Doubles, which have the feel of an architect’s studio. The starkness of their design means that touches such as the high-gloss black doors, which come with English-style brass knockers, and hinged headboards upholstered in vertical black pinstripe really stand out. They also come with their own seating areas.
Balenciaga finery for swanning around the rooftop terrace bar on warm, sultry nights.
Smokers rejoice – sparking up isn’t as frowned upon in Spain as it is in the UK or US, and Hotel Pulitzer offers several rooms in which you can indulge your habit.