Hotel Lous Grits
Style Hôtel de charme
Setting Mediaeval Marsolan
Hôtel Lous Grits in the Gers is a hilltop haven run by a mother and daughter team, who found this countryside manor, and made it a heartfelt, handcrafted home.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including one suite.
Double rooms from $279.31 (€210), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€210) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€20).
- Facilities Le SPA, free WiFi and library of books, music and films. In rooms: CD/DVD player, free bottled water and Yves Delorme bath products.
- Check-out Midday, or later if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cots can be added free; extra beds will set you back €30. Local nannies can be drafted in for €15–€20. Two of the rooms (Balaguero and Miejournal) can be interconnected for a family.
- Also The hotel's spa is open from 11am to 6pm, offering massages, facials, Balneotherapy (a relaxing, holistic bathing treatment), a dry and wet sauna and essential oil therapies (all treatments are by appointment only).
Food and drink at Hotel Lous Grits
- Hotel restaurant Dinner is cooked for guests on request, by Marie, the owner's daughter, who invites you to join the family dinner in palatial surroundings at 8pm for €40 each (without drinks). There are five tables (one for each bedroom). The menu uses local produce when it's at its best, and not just for food: in the autumn, hollowed-out pumpkins double as soup bowls. It's all hearty and home-made (Marie makes a mean chocolate soufflé).
- Dress code Layered and luxurious, with sensible, mediaeval-village-friendly footwear.
- Top table The corner tables near the fireplace are the most snug and secluded.
- Last orders Breakfast is available until midday, dinner and drinks from 8pm until midnight.
- Room service Dinner can be served in-room between 8pm and midnight.
- Hotel bar The bar hosts the only flatscreen TV for miles, and this one plays an old silent movie. It's cosy, so settle in for an after-dinner Armagnac.
Hotel Lous Grits Le village, 32700 Marsolan
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Lous Grits
An aperitif on arrival and either a local music CD or a cookery book
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The dreamiest views come courtesy of Armarijo and Contoleso, where you'd be happy pulling up a chair and simply gazing at the countryside for entertainment. For space, go for Soulano; it's just made for lounging in.
A conversational companion you really like: this quiet hideaway is several blissful miles from the nearest neighbour, and you’ll be spending plenty of time à deux.