Style Haussmanian hideaway
Setting Off the Champs Elysées
Managing to combine the height of Parisian sophistication with unstuffy home-from-home warmth, Hotel Keppler is a welcome retreat from the fast-pace of Champs Elysées shop-hopping. Designed by interiors guru Pierre-Yves Rochon, and dotted with covetable antiques, this contemporary classic boutique hotel is certainly one for the glamourpusses. Miaow.
Need to know
- Rooms 39, including five suites.
Double rooms from $395.88 (€308), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out and an additional government tax of 2% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€308) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€22)
- Facilities Sauna, steam room, gym, library, CD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: LCD TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar. Suites include Hermes toiletries.
- Check-out Midday, but later may be available. Check-in: 2pm.
- Children Les enfants are welcome, stay free, and can be accommodated in cots or extra beds as necessary. Local nannies can be arranged, but there are no other specifically child-orientated facilities.
- Also Small animals are welcome for a €30 surcharge. Smoking rooms can be provided.
Food and drink at Hotel Keppler
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but all the smart bistros of the 8ème are within swift reach. Breakfast is an American-style buffet, served in the chic cream-coloured breakfast room.
- Dress code LBD and Holly Golightly sunglasses for Mrs Smith; new-school Barbour and a pastel sweater for Mr.
- Top table Take your café crème and croissants around one of the graceful communal tables.
- Last orders The hotel’s bar closes at 11pm.
- Room service There’s no serious kitchen at Keppler, but you can order from the room-service menu of nearby Hôtel François, 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Keppler’s light-filled lounge has shelves of intriguing antiques and art books to peruse, and a dozen smart sofas and armchairs; it’s more of an elegant salon than a bar, for guests only.
Hotel Keppler 10 rue Keppler, 75116 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Keppler
Drinks on arrival, and river-cruise tickets.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Designer Pierre-Yves Rochon blends classic with contemporary, putting toiles, checks and animal print against strong colour and dark wooden flooring. We like the black, white and yellow Executive Rooms, with TVs in the bathrooms. The four Superior Suites come with balconies and Eiffel Tower views; the Classic Rooms, though attractive, are somewhat small, if not unusually so for Paris.
A credit card with plenty of spending room – the Champs Elysées, and it’s world-renowned luxury shopping – is just steps away.
Two rooms have disabled access.