Style Superchic chalet
Setting Scandinavian seaside
The Hotel J in Stockholm has a style influenced by the smooth lines and fine craftsmanship of yachting. The interior is bright and airy, with light oak furniture and chairs covered in thick white cotton, offset by dark wood flooring. There is a feel of New England in the red, white and blue scheme but the fine view from the best rooms is of Stockholm harbour.
Need to know
- Rooms 158, including five suites.
Double rooms from $268.10 (SEK1,772), excluding tax at 1 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (SEK1,772) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Guests can use the newly opened gym for free. A jetty, garden and watch-tower provide outdoor spaces for entertaining and enjoyment. The hotel can arrange sailing boats, with or without an instructor, from the neighbouring sailing club.In rooms: LCD TV, WIFi.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Very welcome. Cots are free, as are extra beds for kids up to 12.
- Also Ferries run regularly between the wharf next to Restaurant J and central Stockholm; the trip takes 15 minutes and ferries run until midnight in summer.
Food and drink at Hotel J
Brasserie-style Restaurant J looks out over the bay of Saltsjön, and is every bit as yacht-club nautical as the rest of the hotel, with oak chairs and tables, white wooden paneling, red, white and blue furnishings and an open fire. The extensive menu draws heavily from the ocean, and is influenced by modern American cuisine. (Book two days a ahead for the spectacular archipelago platter of shellfish.) In summer, the 250-seat terrace by the water’s edge is the alfresco option.
- Dress code Breezy informality.
- Top table Out in the terrace in the summer; by the fireplace in the winter.
- Last orders Restaurant J takes food orders from 11.30am to 10pm, during the week and from noon to 10pm on weekends.
- Room service A snack or light-meal menu is available round the clock.
Set in the 19th-century summer house beside the hotel, Tornvillans bar is a cosy clubby spot, dotted with original features including tiled stoves, oil portraits and an open fireplace.
Hotel J 1 Ellensviksvägen, Stockholm, SE-131 28 Nacka Strand
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel J
A surprise gift, as well as priority for early check-in and late check-out – extended to 4pm – when available
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 216 is a suite in the new wing and has two floors, a double-aspect view and a private balcony. Room 118 has a sea view. Room 431 is the honeymoon suite and has a Jacuzzi bath.