Style Bon chic, bon gens, bon marché
Setting Merveilleux le Marais
Currently being run by its fourth generation of women, Hôtel Duo in Paris is a super-stylish, very feminine retreat in the centre of the lively Marais. Contemporary yet cosy, its Jean-Christophe Nuel-designed interior in an 18th-century building – all dark wooden beams, concrete pillars and large open spaces – exudes modern luxury.
Need to know
- Rooms 58, including two suites.
Double rooms from $314.05 (€243), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€243) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€15).
- Facilities Fitness centre with sauna, small architecture library, art gallery in the lobby, free WiFi throughout, free laptop for guests’ use (hotel lounge only). In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, Fragonard toiletries.
- Poolside Space is at a premium in central Paris; there’s no room for a pool here.
- Check-out Midday; you can check out later for 50 per cent of the room rate. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Hôtel Duo is more geared to seclusion-seeking twosomes (hence the name), but baby cots are available free In Double Superior rooms and above.
- Also Non-smoking rooms are available on request. Pets are not allowed.
Food and drink at Hôtel Duo
There is no restaurant at Hotel Duo.
- Dress code Well-groomed Parisian chic: chunky spectacles are pretty much essential.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am to 10.30am, Monday to Friday; 7.30am to 11am on Saturday and Sunday. The bar opens from 5pm till midnight.
- Room service Ça n’existe pas.
A favourite Marais hangout, Hôtel Duo’s bar is proud of its calm, relaxed and easy atmosphere, in which laid-back lounge music helps set the mood. Adhering to the rest of the hotel’s style and colour palette, it offers an interior of dark wood around a virtual chimney, with oversized light shades hanging from the ceilings. Glass shelves behind the bar provide inspiration before you even open the extensive cocktail menu – B&As and Pamplemiels are popular – we recommend the unusual combination of cucumber syrup and vodka.
Hôtel Duo 11 Rue de Temple, 75004 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hôtel Duo
Two free cocktails at the hotel bar. If staying on a Sunday or Monday night, you will be given two small bottles of champagne instead
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Hotel Duo’s rooms all share the same unapologetically contemporary style, and come with Osborne & Little wallpaper, original rafters and dark wooden bed frames from Elitis. Pin-drop quiet, they nonetheless overlook one of the busiest streets in Paris. We liked Room Two, a double deluxe room, in the newly acquired part of the building, which has its own stairs leading up to it – almost like having your own Parisian apartment. It’s bright with lots of natural light, chocolate wallpaper and a light grey carpet. In the original building, Room 17 – another double deluxe room – is larger than average and has a deep square tub waiting in its bathroom. And if you’re feeling particularly grand, Suite Five has its own private courtyard.
Fur coats and fags aside (this is Paris, cherie), fill your matching Louis Vuitton luggage with elegant evening wear. Leave the art books at home – the lobby has quite a selection. Handy with all of the museums in the area.