Hotel de Russie
Style Grandeur with gardens
Setting Between the Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo
Hotel de Russie, a boutique couples' bolthole and family-friendly hotel in the heart of Rome, has five-star comfort and style, a super-central location and – a well-kept city secret – elegant terraced gardens where guests can escape the fashionable buzz of the Eternal City.
Need to know
- Rooms 122, including 33 suites.
Double rooms from $801.95 (€622), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €3.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€622) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities Spa, gym, restaurant, bar, concierge, on-site car park (€55 a day), valet parking, WiFi in public areas (additional charge), black-out blind, flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water, broadband internet (additional charge, free in suites).
- Poolside The spa has an indoor hydrotherapy pool.
- Check-out 2pm.
- Children Children are welcomed with a gift; there are children's bathroom amenities, and special menus. Cots are provided free. Extra beds cost €18 plus VAT for three- to five-year-olds; €104.50 plus VAT for children of six and older. Babysitting on request. More...
- Also No pets. There is a smoking floor.
Food and drink at Hotel de Russie
Chefs Fulvio Pierangelini and Nazzareno Menghini mastermind a classic Italian menu of superbly done salads, pasta, risotto, fish and meat. Consequently, the Jardin de Russie is a hit with Roman cognoscenti as well as guests. As its horticultural title suggests, the restaurant comes into its own in summer, when tables are laid in the secret garden, as well as on the perfectly pillared terrace.
- Dress code When in Rome…
- Top table In the garden in summer; by the windows, otherwise.
- Last orders Lunch, 2.30pm; dinner, 10.30pm. Drinks served till 2am.
- Room service The restaurant menu is more or less available when the kitchen's open; snacks are available round the clock.
The Stravinskij Bar is a glamorously grown-up space of dark-wood tables and mauve velvet chairs. In summer, it spills onto the adjoining Piazzetta Valadier, attracting locals and guests alike to its wrought-iron tables for classic aperitivi or cocktails by Massimo D’Addezio.
Hotel de Russie 9, Via Babuino, Rome, Italy, 00187
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel de Russie
A welcome cocktail at the Stravinskij Bar
Offers at Hotel de Russie
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Most of the deluxe doubles, junior suites and executive suites have garden views. Classic suites all have city views. The very special Vaselli suite, Popoli suite and Picasso suite all have amazing roof terraces. The Nijinsky Suite at the top of the hotel has the largest terrace with outside dining room, overlooking the gardens and Roman rooftops. It also has a fantastic mosaic steam room and an eye-stretching 50' plasma TV.
Sunglasses, and not just in summer.
Why go to the Wellness Zone when the pampering can come to you? Spa treatments are available in your room (15 per cent surcharge applies).