Hospes Palacio de los Patos
Style Whims ancient and modern
Setting Shopping streets of downtown Granada
In a striking marriage between old and new, the Hospes Palacio de los Patos yokes a 19th-century palace to an uncompromising modern design scheme. Relying heavily on minimalist materials such as stone, glass and metal, the palace’s alabaster-white interiors are sleek spaces filled with light. The boutique hotel’s twin buildings are well positioned for exploring the ancient Moorish-Spanish city of Granada, and you’ll be glad of the rejuvenating welcome at the Palacio’s Bodyna spa after hot-heeling it around the city’s winding streets all day.
Need to know
- Rooms 42.
Double rooms from $175.09 (€132), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€132) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€18).
- Facilities Spa with Turkish bath and sauna, DVD library, free WIFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, Korres toiletries.
- Poolside The spa has a small pool lined with grey marble tiles and a handful of cushioned white loungers – you can pull across the curtains if you want some poolside privacy. An outdoor pool opens in summer 2011.
- Check-out Midday. Later check-out can be arranged, subject to availability.
- Children Under-sixes can stay free – cots are available. Extra beds for older children cost €50 a night (plus tax). Babysitting can be arranged for around €25 with two days’ notice.
- Also Some smoking rooms are available.
Food and drink at Hospes Palacio de los Patos
- Hotel restaurant Senzone restaurant serves delicate international dishes with a nod to Granada’s Andalucían culinary tradition. It’s the kind of cuisine that you’d expect to be made with the aid of a geometry set and displayed in a cabinet.
- Dress code Euro-chic – smart shirts and trousers for the men and splashes of Gucci for the girls.
- Top table Sit outside at one of the few tables in the narrow strip of patio between the glassy restaurant walls and the decorative, fountain-fitted pool.
- Last orders Lunch is on offer between 1pm and 3pm; dinner from 8.30pm until 11pm.
- Room service Light bites and drinks are available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar A wide array of cocktails is available from Senzone during opening hours.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Hospes Palacio de los Patos C/Solarillo de Gracia nº1, Granada, 18002
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hospes Palacio de los Patos
A 20-minute massage for one person, and free dessert with every dinner booked at Senzone restaurant
Offers at Hospes Palacio de los Patos
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The rooms in the older part of the hotel have more soul to them, and include eye-pleasing original features such as plasterwork ceilings, Doric columns, and ornate friezes. In particular, we loved Junior Suite 40 for its silver-grey domed ceiling and marble-clad bath tub. Number 20 has lovely garden views through its three arched windows, and 43’s black crocodile-print headboard is especially memorable.
A big floppy sunhat to stave of that relentless Andalucían sun while you’re walking around the town (Flamenco skirts and flowers in the hair optional).
Those with an ear for Spanish and a heart for literature will love the Palacio’s regular cycle of poetry nights, when the hotel is visited by contemporary wordsmiths from Spain and Latin America to perform their work.