Hope Street Hotel
Style Open-plan elegance
Setting Lofty Liverpool palazzo
Stay cocooned in a room at Hope Street Hotel, and you're likely to be torn between enjoying the Bang & Olufsen TV and sound system from the Egyptian-cotton-sheeted bed, and the huge, free-standing wooden tub, accessorised with fluffy white towels and REN products. Thankfully there's usually a plush leather armchair, for you to perch on while you quibble over who soaks and who gets to watch.
Need to know
- Rooms 89, including seven suites and two penthouses.
Double rooms from $96.07 (£63), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£63) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast. Continental breakfast, £12.50; full English, £15.50. A la carte breakfast menu also available.
- Facilities Free WiFi, DVD/CD library. In rooms, wall‑mounted LCD TV, DVD/CD player, free broadband internet access, underfloor heating, mist‑free mirrors, rain shower heads, Ren toiletries, minifridge/champagne chiller in some rooms.
- Check-out Weekdays, 11am; weekends, midday. Later check‑outs charged at £10 an hour, subject to availability.
- Children Welcome: games available; under-fives eat free. Cots and extra beds for under‑14s can be provided in the studio rooms, at no extra cost. More...
- Also In‑room beauty treatments can be arranged, and small pets can be put up – a cleaning fee of £30 will be charged.
Food and drink at Hope Street Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Paul Askew – a fan of the ‘three ways’ method – is chef at the London Carriage Works restaurant, which offers a choice of menus, including à la carte, pre-theatre and tasting menus. His grown‑up Modern International culinary bent is evident in dishes such as confit shoulder of black‑faced Suffolk lamb and pan‑roasted sea-bass.
- Dress code Relaxed and urbane.
- Top table Table 15, nestled between the restaurant’s decorative glass shards.
- Last orders Lunch, 3pm; dinner, 10pm. Bar: midnight, Monday–Saturday; 10pm Sunday. The restaurant bar is open seven days a week.
- Room service 224 hours: an all‑day menu including market specials, with a limited night menu available 10pm–7am.
The Residents’ Lounge is a cocktail bar (open Thursdays to Saturdays only) with table service and live music – watch out for ivory tinklers on the Steinway grand piano and try one of the Pimm’s Royale champagne cocktails.
Hope Street Hotel 40 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9DA
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hope Street Hotel
A bottle of prosecco on arrival, plus free late check-out (usually charged at £10 an hour and subject to availability)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Suite 406 is an open‑plan suite with a sloping ceiling, exposed beams and a mezzanine bathroom with a huge Italian wooden bathtub. All suites have oak flooring and Bang & Olufsen TVs and DVD players.
Binoculars or a zoom lens, for a close-up view of the Liver Birds atop the Liver Building.