High Road House
Style Cool members’ club outpost
Setting Boulevard in the ’burbs
Beat a retreat from the city centre without skipping a media-savvy beat at this London boutique hotel, the western outpost of Nick Jones' oh-so-cool Soho House members' club. As a guest of High Road House, you'll get the best of all worlds, with entry to a hip private members' bar, restaurant and club and easy access to central London, as well as being able to kick back in a quiet, leafy area of the city. High Road House is as good-looking as its counterparts, too, resplendent in design queen Ilse Crawford's trademark print-led, colour-accented decor.
Need to know
- Rooms 14.
Double rooms from $159.08 (£104), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£104) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, from £5.
- Facilities Games room with table football, private‑screening room, DVD library. In rooms, flatscreen TV with Sky+ and DVD player, retro radios, free WiFi, minibar, Cowshed toiletries.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible on request. Earliest check‑in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome; toys are available in the Playground. Extra beds (£25) or cots (£15) can be added to rooms, but children staying in their own rooms are charged at the full rate. More...
Food and drink at High Road House
Upstairs at the House, kitted out in Ilse Crawford’s inimitable retro‑modern style, has all‑day dining, from breakfast at 7am until wee‑hour snacks at the weekend, and a bar. Sit, read, work, eat, drink – it’s very easy‑going, but a dinner reservation is advisable.
- Dress code The fashionable end of smart casual; Chloé plus Topshop equals just right.
- Top table Upstairs, in the space adjacent to the bar; downstairs, on a huge red sofa in the central Playpen.
- Last orders Upstairs at the House serves food from breakfast at 7am until wee‑hour snacks at the weekend.
- Room service The house menu and drinks are available from 7am till 1am (midnight on Sundays).
Downstairs at the House is a den‑like lounge space with three areas; it’s adults‑only in the evening, with DJs on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Whisper sweet nothings over an Electric Love Potion cocktail (champagne, vanilla vodka and poached strawberries – divine).
High Road House 162 High Road House, Chiswick, London, W4 1PR
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at High Road House
A full-size Cowshed beauty product: Wild Cow, Grumpy Cow or Knackered Cow bath and massage oils
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you have a cat you’d like to swing, the Playroom is the biggest, with zesty lemon and lime accents and a roll‑top bath in the bedroom. Tiny and Small are obviously smaller but well designed, and bathed in natural light.
Don't weigh your bags down with designer gladrags unless you're planning to go out somewhere fancy in the centre of London; Chiswick and the surrounding area is smart-casual territory.
The hotel occupies the top two floors of a building that also houses the renowned High Road Brasserie, as well as a Cowshed boutique, fully stocked with glow‑enhancing, skin‑pampering and muscle‑soothing products.