Style Ocean-liner elegance
Setting No-worry, no-hurry ancient port
Built into the medina walls, Heure Bleue hotel is an oasis of luxe in laid-back, countercultural Essaouira, the old hang-out of Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley. Dripping with heavy carvings, fabrics, lamps and wooden-shuttered windows, rooms are cavernous, sumptuous and luxurious.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 suites, 16 rooms.
Double rooms from $241.50 (€182), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€182) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities TV and DVD in-room, WiFi throughout. Billiards room. Gorgeous hammam with a cushion-decked relaxation room, spa and beauty treatments (in-room on request), home cinema room.
- Poolside The heated rooftop pool is surrounded by decking; there are wooden sunloungers, with parasols to loll under.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Cots and high chairs available. Children aged three to 12 can share parents’ room if staying in a Senior Suite. More...
- Also Book ahead for private use of the screening room. There are books everywhere for your pleasure, and a DVD library, or bring your own favourites. No pets.
Food and drink at Heure Bleue
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant serves Moroccan and international food, which is is predominantly French cuisine, with Moroccan flavours; seafood is a speciality.
- Dress code Jacket and Led Zep T-shirt for him, boho chic for her.
- Top table The restaurant sits alongside the courtyard. Ask for a table next to the abundant greenery.
- Last orders 3pm for lunch; 9.30pm for dinner.
- Room service Large choice of sandwiches, salads and light snacks. Available from 6am till midnight. There are no mini-bars, but staff are in attendance 24/7.
- Hotel bar Open 3pm–midnight.
Heure Bleue 2 rue Ibn Batouta, Bab Marrakech, Medina, Essaouira, Morocco, 44000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Heure Bleue
Traditional hammam body scrub for two in the 'Zen Rituals' space
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Rooms on upper floors have good views of the old harbour. For a bathtub, book a suite: standard rooms only have showers. Most suites also have fireplaces separating the bedrooms from the sitting areas. The Oriental Suites are a sensuous deep red.
Sunscreen. Essaouira is famously windswept, which can make the sun seem mild when it isn’t.