Style Luxe romantic ruins
Setting Concealed Campeche gardens
A historic boutique hotel not far from the walled city of Campeche and the Gulf of Mexico, Hacienda Uayamon is a romantic blend of overgrown ruins and mod-con comforts. What was once a room in the main building is now a swimming pool, with crumbling, roofless stone walls and topless pillars. Two suites have been created in what was once the hacienda’s hospital, and the other 10, dotted around the grounds, are former workers’ quarters, now retiled and revitalised into perfect places for intimate sojourns à deux.
Need to know
- Rooms 12.
Double rooms from $310.00, excluding tax at 18 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 5% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($310) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, WiFi in main building. In rooms: TV, CD player (DVD players are available for a charge), open fireplace, hammock; minibar; private terrace.
- Poolside Situated in a ruined part of the building, the pool is one of the most beautiful Mr & Mrs Smith have ever splashed in. The walls and pillars of the original structure are still standing – you feel as though you’re bathing in an archaeological site.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible depending on occupancy and subject to a $40 charge.
- Children Up to two under-12s can stay free in their parents’ room – cots and extra beds are available free; babysitting can be provided with 24 hours’ notice.
- Also Smoking allowed throughout.
Food and drink at Hacienda Uayamon
- Hotel restaurant Up an impressive set of stone steps in the main hacienda building, the restaurant is split over two terraces and a small indoor area. Cuisine is typically Yucatecan, featuring fresh fish, chicken, pork, turkey, and lots of lime.
- Dress code Casual for lunch, add an aristocratic flourish at night. Closed-toed shoes will keep biting insects at bay.
- Top table Sit at the edge the front terrace overlooking the finely manicured gardens and the enormous century-old ceiba tree (sacred to the Mayans), or ask for a table to be set up anywhere in the grounds, lit by hundreds of candles.
- Last orders The restaurant closes at 10.30pm.
- Room service Restaurant meals can be enjoyed in your room, or anywhere in the hacienda’s grounds, from 7am–10.30pm.
- Hotel bar Although there’s no bar as such, you’re free to enjoy a drink anywhere in Uayamon you wish.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Hacienda Uayamon Km 20 Carretera, Uayamon-China-Edzna Uayamon, Campeche null México, Yucatán, 97825
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hacienda Uayamon
Daily American breakfast for two
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Apart from the two high-ceilinged Colonial Suites in what used to be the hacienda’s hospital, all of Uayamon’s villas are detached mustard-coloured casitas nestled in the jungly grounds. Each one features black-and-white tile floors, oversized mahogany beds, glass walkways between bedroom and bathroom, and a private terrace with a cosy day-bed. The Colonial Suites have outdoor hot tubs, so you can bubble away under the stars to a soundtrack of birdsong and monkey chatter.
A torch – the partially lit walk back to your villa at night can be tricky after few tequilas.
Horses and bikes are available for expeditions into the undergrowth, and the hotel will organise hiking trips for jungle explorers.