Style Green, by nature
Setting Heart of Healdsburg
In the heart of Healdsburg, H2 Hotel sets the eco-friendly standard. Rooms are fashioned from sustainable materials, the fragrant bath products are made in town, and guests can fill reusable water bottles with sparkling or still from at a bar on each floor.
Need to know
- Rooms 36, including seven suites.
Double rooms from $275.00, excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($275) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, custom-made bath products. There’s a free ‘H20 bar’ on each floor where you can top up on still or sparkling.
- Poolside The outdoor pool, set off the lobby, is heated by solar panels on the roof, and surrounded by sunloungers.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Better for younger children, the hotel offers free Pack ’n’ Plays, but cannot arrange babysitting.
- Also Pets are welcome; Fido will incur a $99 cleaning fee.
Food and drink at H2 Hotel
Chef Louis Maldonado, a veteran of Napa’s famed French Laundry, has taken a local, sustainable approach to American cuisine at Spoonbar. He cures local fish, including cobia and omega-rich ocean trout, and preserves seasonal vegetables to use throughout the year. The hip restaurant brightens its wood accents – including high panelled ceilings – with bright blue Eames chairs, 3D floral art and a cascading spoon wall that gave the place its name. On warm days, the floor-to-ceiling windows open onto Healdsburg’s main road.
- Dress code Edun’s ethically produced dresses for her, denim and button-downs for him.
- Top table Take one of the reclaimed acacia-wood tables by the wall of windows for the best people-watching. The long communal table is great for making friends.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 10pm on weeknights, and 11pm on weekends. Early risers can pop in for breakfast from 6am.
- Room service The full restaurant menu can be brought to your room during normal kitchen hours.
Take a break from wine to sip cocktails here. The list includes hyper-local versions of classics, including a mai tai and margarita. If only the grape will suffice, you’re still in luck: the wine list features a robust selection of bottles from local, small-scale wineries.
H2 Hotel 219 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg, California 95448
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at H2 Hotel
Two cocktails at Spoonbar
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Eco-Studios have an open floorplan and lounge area, and a bathroom with a deep plunge tub. Opt for one with a creek view. For a bit more space, the Eco-Suites have two balconies overlooking Sonoma. Front-facing Suites look out to the mountain. Every streamlined green-and-taupe room has a balcony or patio overlooking Healdsburg.
Plan to cycle through Sonoma? The hotel will lend you a bike for three hours at a time. Those more comfortable with their own wheels can take advantage of the hotel’s free storage, pumps and assorted tools. If only four wheels will do, bring a designated driver: this is wine country, after all.
Pair sun salutations with your sauvignon blanc. H2 offers free ashtanga yoga classes every weekend morning. Care to visit the coolest museum in the world? The hotel is also home to the Hand Fan Museum of Healdsburg (www.handfanmuseum.com), which holds 500 fans from around the globe. Though there is no on-site spa, guests can book botanical-based treatments up the road at sister property Hotel Healdsburg.