Font Santa Hotel
Style All-natural spa sanctuary
Setting Salty Salobrar seascape
Neutral-hued Font Santa Hotel in Mallorca is a soulful spa stay set close by the island’s best-looking beach and the saline mounds of Es Salobrar. Admire the wild Balearic landscape, then soak yourself serene in thermal waters first used by the Romans.
Need to know
- Rooms 25, including five suites.
Double rooms from $279.90 (€218), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€218) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Thermal spa (with three treatment rooms, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and gym), gardens, free WiFi throughout, bikes to hire. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, bottled water and Bulgari bath products.
- Poolside Two: the thermal pool in the atmospheric old spa, and an unheated outdoor pool with Jacuzzis and day-beds.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children This is one for the grown-ups; no under-16s allowed.
- Also Font Santa’s spa makes much of the thermal waters that spring from underground aquifers at a balmy 38ºC. They’re a mineral-rich cocktail of sodium and chlorine salts magnesium, calcium, sulphur, potassium and more.
Food and drink at Font Santa Hotel
The wooden-beamed restaurant is in a separate building, with stone arches, beige walls and linen, and its own terrace facing out to Es Salobrar. Expect hearty Mediterranean and Mallorcan flavours, with sea salt (flor de sal) from the saline ponds down the road used in dishes such as lobster ravioli and steak with peppers, Cabrales cheese and rosemary. Don’t miss the pancakes with melted dark chocolate at breakfast.
- Dress code No one’s a fan of neon around here: stick to the muted tones of oatmeal, white and grey.
- Top table Ask for a table near the glass-fronted kitchen so you can watch the chefs at work.
- Last orders Head down for breakfast on the terrace from 8am until 11am. The restaurant serves lunch from 1pm until 3pm; dinner starts at 7.30pm and stops at 10.30pm.
- Room service A selection of salads, soups, burgers and sandwiches can be ordered up any time between noon and 10.30pm.
Settle in at sundown for a cocktail - the bar has an impressive list of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic combinations, using ingredients plucked straight from the gardens. If you're peckish, nibble on local delicacies such as Iberian ham and Menorcan cheese, or produce from further afield – such as Kobe burgers – served all afternoon and until 10.30pm.
Font Santa Hotel Carretera Campos, Colonia de San Jordi Km 8.2, Campos, Mallorca, 07630
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Font Santa Hotel
A private Jacuzzi session for two
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For its natural light, privacy-affording terrace and views of Es Salobrar, we like Room 14. We’re fans of Room 22 too, for its wooden beams, space and secluded terrace. It also mixes up the hotel’s neutral colour palette with artworks in bold shades of burnt orange (painted by one of the owners’ daughters).
Don’t forget your spa gear to try out waters that have been soothing people since the Romans; save room for some tins of local sea salt – way better than a souvenir thimble.