Style Contemporary casa de campo
Setting Andean outback
Petite and perfectly formed, Finca Valentina hotel is a rustic, refined ranch just outside Salta in the grape-strewn foothills of the northwestern Andes. Play pampered patrón as your eponymous hostess and her Andean staff saddle up the steeds and prepare the parilla. Or just enjoy the white-linened, warm-wooded interiors and chill out with a glass of fruity Argentine red.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including two suites.
Double rooms from $115.70, excluding tax at 21 per cent. Finca Valentina is unable to accept payment by credit card.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($116) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, tax and return airport transfers.
- Facilities Library of books, CDs and DVDs, in-room spa and beauty treatments, lounge and free WiFi throughout. In rooms, free bottled water and handmade local bath products.
- Poolside An unheated pool commands majestic mountain views in the finca’s gardens, complete with big-cushioned recliners and wooden decks.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible for 50 per cent of the daily rate. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also In-room massages and beauty treatments can be arranged on request; cooking classes take place in the finca’s cosy kitchen.
Food and drink at Finca Valentina
Meals are mostly taken at the large wooden table in the finca’s living room, a serene, intimate space of deep white sofas, hide-strapped chairs, and carefully placed gaucho artefacts. Candlelit at night and open-fired in winter, this is sophisticated country eating at its best. Breakfast is a cornucopia of cereals, croissants and, rather disconcertingly, absolutely scrumptious sponge cakes.
- Dress code Neutral linens to match the colour scheme; native shawls with big brooches for Mrs Smith.
- Top table In summer, ask for a garden dinner a deux for your very own specially prepared parilla.
- Last orders Folk turn in early in the country, so plan to eat before 9pm.
- Room service Valentina and her staff are happy to bring anything to the rooms, except perhaps in the dead of night.
Valentina and Fabrizio are Italian, so their love of wine equals their passion for food. The bar itself is ‘pop-up’; at the table with cigars, in front of the fire, out on the veranda counting the stars.
Finca Valentina Ruta Nacional 51, km11 La Merced Chica, 4400, Salta, 4400
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Finca Valentina
A welcome drink and snack
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Superior Suite up its own staircase on the first floor offers extra privacy and an expansive terrace overlooking the mountains. Cowhide rugs, age-worn wooden benches, and hefty woven ponchos and blankets offset whitewash walls and linens. The wooden-shuttered garden room underneath has the same views and comes with a wicker rocking chair for languid sundowners.
Rockstar cowboy boots and mud-flecked moleskins.
Lovable labs Bianca, Nera and Lolo are mobile soft furnishings in their own right and every bit as hospitable as their owners. Ask Valentina to explain the provenance of the antique textiles and fixing pins hung decoratively in the hallway; they are the spoils of many fascinating trips across the Andean region.