Style Glamorous Gothic
Setting Snug in Snowdonia
Tucked away in the foothills of Snowdonia, North Wales, Ffynnon is as close to the Mr & Mrs Smith rural B&B ideal as it’s possible to be. With just four rooms and one suite, it’s gloriously intimate; and its blend of Victorian references and seriously stylish 21st-century design flourishes forms the ideal backdrop to a relaxing weekend in the country. The hospitality on offer is second to none.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including one suite.
Double rooms from $186.97 (£121), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£121) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities CD/DVD library, free WiFi, outdoor hot tub, butler’s pantry, laundry service, honesty bar. In rooms: flatscreen TVs, iPod dock, CD/DVD player, PlayStations, free bottled water, White Company toiletries.
- Poolside No pool, but there's a small outdoor hot tub just outside. Reserve a session when you check in, and take some champagne and strawberries to enjoy in the steam.
- Check-out 11am, though this is flexible subject to availability. Arrivals must be between 4pm and 9pm (there's a £30 charge for guests arriving between 9pm and 11pm). Doors are locked at 11pm.
- Children Baby cots are provided for £10 a night for under-twos. Extra beds can be put into rooms for £25 a night, and a free babysitting service is also available. There’s also a children’s play area outside.
- Also If it’s wet outside – and, remember, this is North Wales so there’s a good chance it will be – there’s a selection of card and board games to borrow in the guest lounge. There’s an area for pets to sleep in. Two-night minimum stay at weekends.
Food and drink at Ffynnon
There isn’t a restaurant at Ffynnon, though the hotel prides itself on its breakfasts made with local produce, served in the guest lounge, which include eggs benedict with smoked salmon, Glamorgan sausages with spicy tomato chutney and crempogau (Welsh pancakes) served with bacon or fruit compote.
- Dress code Not too scruffy, not too sexy.
- Last orders Breakfast is served till 10am; the honesty bar is locked at 11pm.
- Room service In the quieter months (Nov–Mar), a selection of filled paninis, home-made soups or a Welsh cheese platter are all available between 6pm and 10pm.
Residents can help themselves from a wide selection of drinks, including local Pen-Lon beers, in the guest lounge honesty bar – made from an old gramophone chest. Sit and sip amid the well-chosen antique and modern furnishings to a laid-back Gershwin and classical soundtrack.
Ffynnon Brynffynnon, Love Lane, Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1RR
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ffynnon
A boxed, bougainvillea-scented votive candle
Current offers at Ffynnon
Offers at Ffynnon
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the ultra-romantic Sydney room, which comes with a beautiful slipper bath and a king-size bed that’s dominated by a gothic headboard. However, you’re bound to be happy with whichever room you choose – all are sumptuously decorated and equipped with all the modern touches you’d expect. Beds come with cosy Welsh blankets, and there’s even a pillow menu provided, so you can ensure a well-rested head.
Don’t forget your swimwear. It might not sound like the most obvious thing to bring to North Wales, but you’ll be kicking yourself if you have to stay out of the outdoor hot tub because of a lack of Lycra.
Ffynnon’s menu of in-room spa treatments spans facials, manicures, pedicures, massages and aromatherapy sessions.
From the Guestbook…
A very good hotel with great attention to detail and a warm welcome. Ffynnon’s large period rooms are very clean, with good bed linen and towels, and plenty of hot water &nda...more