Fazenda São Francisco
Style Hamptons-inspired beach bungalows
Setting Palm-lined Corumbau sand bar
Backed by virgin forest and fronted by two kilometres of white-sand Corumbau shoreline, the terracotta-toned farm Fazenda São Francisco offers a taste of wild South Bahia without compromising on contemporary luxury. Its cluster of ruddy modern bungalows are set back from the sea, each one boasting towering ceilings, sliding shuttered doors and a modern sense of style that takes its cue from the warm and woody interiors of the Hamptons.
Need to know
- Rooms 10 suites, including four standalone bungalows.
Double rooms from $712.76 (BRL1,450), excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (BRL1,450) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include all meals and as much coconut water as you can drink.
- Facilities Beauty treatments and massages, gardens, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi in some areas. In rooms: CD player, minibar.
- Poolside Directly in from of the restaurant terrace, there’s a large rectangular salt-water pool tiled in an invitingly dark shade of green flanked by adjustable wooden loungers.
- Check-out Midday. Guests are welcome to remain at the hotel grounds throughout the day.
- Children Under-threes are free. For children aged four and up, adult rates apply (triple occupancy costs US$790–US$1,125. Baby cots, high chairs and a children’s menu are available.
- Also Two-night minimum stay (five nights over New Year's Eve and Carnival).
Food and drink at Fazenda São Francisco
- Hotel restaurant Attached to the hotel’s lounge area, São Francisco’s restaurant is a long rectangular room with floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors. The menu is classic Bahian, emphasising fresh seafood and great steaks.
- Dress code Big beads, sarongs and other blissed-out beachy garb.
- Top table The restaurant has a decked terrace for eating alfresco – by far the most romantic spot to sit down for dinner.
- Last orders Since all meals are taken at the hotel, staff will contact you during the day to determine what time you want to have dinner.
- Room service There’s no formal system in place, but staff will bring food to your room on request.
- Hotel bar There isn’t a defined bar area but you can sample a variety of drinks throughout the resort – the lounge area by the restaurant comes complete with comfy sofas, coffee tables and heaps of stylish magazines to flick through.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Fazenda São Francisco Ponta do Corumbau, s/n, Prado, Bahia, 45980-000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Fazenda São Francisco
A kayaking trip for two
Current offers at Fazenda São Francisco
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you can, nab one of the four independent bungalows – these offer vast amounts of space and privacy. Painted in the hotel’s signature terracotta tones, they’re around 30-feet high, with huge sliding shuttered doors and windows. There are two bungalows that consist of adjoining suites – ideal for families – but, like the two smaller upper level rooms, these don’t have quite the same level of wow-factor as the standalones.
Bring snorkelling gear for checking out submarine spectacles, reliable shoes for jungle tramping, and a novel or two for when you fancy indulging in some hammock time.
There’s a sublime diving spot right in front of the hotel, thanks to the coral reef that stretches 10km out to sea. The Fazenda has bikes available to borrow – there’s nothing quite like speeding along the sands of the hotel’s two-kilometre private beach.