Style Heart-warming historic home
Setting Great, green Northamptonshire gardens
As befits a dwelling that is over 500 years old, Fawsley Hall hotel is a mix of architectural styles, with Tudor, Georgian and Victorian aspects all present and correct. This should, by rights, look like a design nightmare but all the work has been sensitively done and this Northamptonshire boutique hotel looks comfortable in its skin, guarding, no doubt, dramatic tales from its varied history.
Need to know
- Rooms 58.
Double rooms from $128.99 (£83), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£83) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full English breakfast and access to the spa.
- Facilities Spa with solarium and steam room, gym, tennis court, jogging trail, DVD/CD library, free WiFi throughout. In-room amenities: enormous beds, antique furnishings, minibar, Frette linen. Five rooms have DVD players.
- Poolside As well as the spa's indoor pool, there's an outdoor hydro pool overlooking the landscaped gardens.
- Check-out 11am. Extension to midday is possible, subject to availability. Extension until 5pm (again subject to availability) costs £99–£212 depending on the room. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children It’s a grown-up kind of place, but there are games and jigsaws to keep younger ones amused.
- Also No smoking indoors. Well-behaved dogs are allowed in the hotel (but not the restaurant) for £25 a room, as long as they are not left alone in the bedroom.
Food and drink at Fawsley Hall
The triple-AA-rosette Equilibrium restaurant offers an inventive modern menu. Be sure to secure your table when you book your room as seats here go like hot cakes. The week-round brasserie, Bess's, is less formal.
- Dress code Relaxed and well manored.
- Top table If you’re visiting in winter, nab a table close to the amazing room-length fireplace.
- Last orders Bess's is open for lunch between 12pm and 2.30pm, and dinner from 7pm until 9.30pm. Equilibrium serves dinner between 7pm and 9.30pm (and is only open Thursday to Saturday). The bar slakes post-prandial thirsts until late.
- Room service 24 hours.
Adjacent to the courtyard and linking the restaurant with the Great Hall, the Old Laundry Bar is a light and airy structure of wood beams and glass – the perfect place to savour one of Fawsley’s signature Sunday morning Bloody Marys.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Fawsley Hall Fawsley, Nr Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 3BA
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Fawsley Hall
A glass of champagne each
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For full-scale queenly opulence, plump for the 1575 suite, a plush, historic, four-poster hideyhole named after the year Elizabeth I slept in it. Architecturally unchanged since her majesty snoozed here, the room is paletted in scarlet and cream, lit by two brass chandeliers and boasts a vast open fireplace and period stonework. Almost too indulgent. If you can’t bag 1575, aim for a room in the Georgian wing – the antique furniture is stunning.
Extra layers to stave off the chill of Fawsley Hall’s more draughty areas, and shoes for the all-weather tennis court (they’ve got rackets and balls to lend you).
Don’t go home without whiling away some time in front of the one of the enormous Tudor fireplaces in the Great Hall – sup a moccacino while pouring over the papers perhaps, or peruse the incredibly detailed ‘Short History of Fawsley Hall’.