Farol Design Hotel
Style Slick and fashionable
Setting Local to Lisbon
Farol Design Hotel is a stylishly designed Cascais hotel perched on an outcrop of rock a few feet from the Atlantic Ocean. This contemporary crib marries a traditional Portuguese villa with a modern wing encasing a slick restaurant and additional rooms. The blend of old and new is a triumph. While the exterior is stark white and minimalist, the interior is wood-panelled and luxurious; the result is a Pandora’s box. The design savvy extends to the grounds, which ooze Café del Mar cool.
Need to know
- Rooms 33, including nine rooms styled by different fashion designers and two suites.
Double rooms from $197.09 (€152), excluding tax at 5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€152) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include American breakfast buffet.
- Facilities Outdoor swimming pool, massages on request in your room, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: TV, minibar hydromassage bath tub. Designer rooms feature Nespresso machines.
- Poolside The pool and secluded, minimalist sun terrace overlook the sea.
- Check-out Midday, but ask for flexibility.
- Children Welcome, but the hotel’s location on a rocky shoreline could be considered hazardous for smaller children.
- Also A two-night minimum stay is required for 14–15 March and on Easter weekend, 20–22 March.
Food and drink at Farol Design Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The Mix is modern and airy, with three distinct dining areas and floor-to-ceiling windows affording you a greedy view out onto the deck, and rocky coast beyond.
- Dress code Gloss up for the evening.
- Top table Outside on the terrace.
- Last orders Food: 11pm; drinks 2am.
- Room service 7am–11pm from the restaurant menu. At other times there’s a snack menu with sandwiches, salads and desserts.
- Hotel bar The minimalist On the Rocks lounge bar is cosy, with doors opening on to the terrace, and gives you the feeling of floating on water.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Farol Design Hotel 7 Avenida Rei Humberto II de Itália, Cascais, 2750-461
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Farol Design Hotel
A bottle of Portuguese wine and fruit basket in your room on arrival
Current offers at Farol Design Hotel
Offers at Farol Design Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For a modern influence, plump for the new wing; for high ceilings and more space, go for the old building. Ask for a balcony overlooking the sea. Room 216, black and gold, is very rock ’n’ roll. Room 215, all-white, is sleek with breathtaking views
After dipping into the saltwater pool, have a massage on the secluded lower terrace.
From the Guestbook…
We wanted to try the local restaurants, but arrived late on the first night and ate in the hotel – we had a such a superb steak dish that we decided to eat in for each of the...more