Style Eclectic elegance
Setting Working Worcestershire farm
Set on a 260-acre working farm, the family run Eckington Manor in the Cotswolds is an enticing blend of mediaeval architecture and utterly up-to-the-minute fittings. Just across a courtyard from the acclaimed cookery school and surrounded by rolling fields, it is ideally situated for guests to make the most of the region’s natural larder.
Need to know
- Rooms Fifteen: five in the main house (two of which are singles) and four in the Cyder Mill and six in the Milking Parlour (including one suite).
Double rooms from $169.37 (£108), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£108) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full English/Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, on-site parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV with Freeserve digital channels, free bottled water, king-size beds, tea- and coffee-making facilities, White Company toiletries.
- Check-out 11am; earliest check-in, 3pm. Eckington Manor can arrange late check-in (after 5pm) with at least 24 hours' notice.
- Children Over-eights are welcome at the hotel, and extra beds can be provided for an additional £18 a night (including breakfast).
Food and drink at Eckington Manor
The restaurant at Eckington Manor is open on Friday and Saturday nights; the home-grown and locally produced delights are served in the dining room at Lower End House. Cold 'supper trays' – consisting of a posh Ploughman's – are available every night, and evening meals for groups can be arranged in advance. Breakfast includes home-made, home-grown everything – from muesli, bread, preserves and marmalade to tasty eggs and award-winning breakfast sausages. Much of the meat is from the farm. If you'd like to get more involved and cook yourself, Eckington Manor Cookery School is located above reception.
- Dress code Whatever you like, with an apron thrown on top. There are wellies to borrow (as originally sported by the cast of The Apprentice who filmed here).
- Top table There’s a communal dining table in the house.
- Last orders Breakfast is served in the cookery-school dining room till 9am in the week, and till 9.30am at the weekend. The bar area is open from 6.30pm to when the last guest heads up to bed.
- Room service Officially, room service is not available, though we’re sure that staff will rustle up a snack for you if you give them enough warning.
Eckington Manor is fully licensed, and there’s an informal bar area, complete with cosy wood-burning stove, in the large main hall. Guests can help themselves from the fully stocked honesty bar.
Eckington Manor Hammock Road, Eckington, Worcestershire, WR10 3BJ
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Eckington Manor
An Eckington Manor Cookery School foodie gift, such as one of the school's branded relishes or dressings
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room Five is spacious and striking, and comes with an original-beamed sloping ceiling; there’s also a huge TV that begs movie-watching from bed. Room Three has a spectacular weeping willow-embroidered silk wall feature commissioned from Fromental, as well as cute purple love chairs and a lovely mosaic ensuite. The Deluxe Suite in the Cyder Mill – beautifully renovated barn – stretches the length of the building.
Bring a pair of walking boots – the surrounding countryside is far too beautiful to resist.
From the Guestbook…
We had a lovely time. The manor is a very special place and we had a beautiful room. The breakfast and meal we had were beautiful. Staff were very helpful, I would recommend the ma...more