Dorset Square Hotel
Style Good Lord’s
Setting Marvellous Marylebone
Be bowled over by Dorset Square Hotel: the tastefully cricket-enamoured townhouse is perched on the edge of a leafy square in one of London’s most central and exclusive enclaves. Revered designer Kit Kemp has included plenty of knowing nods to the square’s past as the original Lord’s cricket ground, but the bats and balls pop up pleasingly around the hotel and don’t overwhelm the bold patterns and coloured textiles that delight die-hard design fans.
Need to know
- Rooms 38.
Double rooms from $328.63 (£217), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£217) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually exclude breakfast. Continental breakfast, £14.50; full English breakfast, £16.50.
- Facilities Library, free WiFi throughout, valet parking (£40 for 24 hours). In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, radio, minibar and Miller Harris toiletries.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in is 2pm.
- Children Welcome. The hotel can arrange babysitting, and provides a children’s menu, library of children’s books, small bathrobes, highchairs, and cots or extra beds in parents' rooms for £48 a night.
- Also Two ground-floor rooms are adapted to be fully wheelchair accessible.
Food and drink at Dorset Square Hotel
The Potting Shed, tucked away in the townhouse’s basement, serves updated versions of traditional English dishes, from Potting Shed Fish Pie to grilled West Country lamb cutlets. Despite its subterranean location, it gets plenty of natural light during the day – if you pop in for coffee, make sure to sample one of the exceptionally rich chocolate cookies with your latte.
- Dress code The restaurant’s an intimate room so you needn’t pull out your gladdest rags, but Mrs Smiths won’t go wrong with a smart pair of heels at dinner.
- Top table Grab a booth under an alcove beyond the bar if you’re seeking seclusion.
- Last orders The Potting Shed lays out its breakfast buffet at 7am, and the last drinks are poured at 11pm. Food is served until 10.30pm.
- Room service Have anything from the restaurant’s menu delivered to your room, 24 hours a day.
Sip your cocktails downstairs at the Potting Shed: the open-plan restaurant has a well-equipped bar. There’s also a self-service honesty bar in the drawing room.
Dorset Square Hotel 39-40 Dorset Square, London NW1 6QN
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Dorset Square Hotel
Cocktails for two in the hotel bar
Current offers at Dorset Square Hotel
Offers at Dorset Square Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The smart, grey Marylebone Room caught our eye: the 35sq m space has a generously sized living room with well-stocked bookcases. You can lounge in the king-size bed and survey Marylebone’s Gloucester Road below through the window, and pull out the sofa bed in the living room if you’ve got an extra guest. The comfortable Garden View Luxury Rooms have similarly updated traditional English decor, and plenty of natural light.
Chic sunglasses… and your nicest umbrella. Marylebone’s packed with smart shops and restaurants ideal for exploring on foot, so be prepared for the unpredictable weather.
Take afternoon tea in the Potting Shed – the restaurant serves a sumptuous spread of dainty sandwiches, decadent cakes and scones, high-quality teas and glasses of champagne. Make your reservation early: tea gets fully booked quickly.