Diamant Hotel Canberra
Style Heritage-meets-modern design den
Setting Lakeside urban village
Blending a revamped Twenties building with cutting-edge contemporary furniture and art, Diamant Hotel Canberra is a must for design fans in search of a culture fix – and it's centrally located near the lake in one of the city's most happening hubs.
Need to know
- Rooms 80, including one suite.
Double rooms from $156.09 (AU$159), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (AU$159) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi in the lobby, book, CD and DVD library, Fitness First gym pass, garden. In rooms: broadband internet (from AU$7 an hour), Bang & Olufsen flatscreen TV with cable, CD/DVD player with MP3 port, iPod docks on request, minibar, Romy toiletries.
- Poolside The Diamant doesn’t have a pool but there is no shortage of public pools in the city.
- Check-out 11am, but you can pay AU$10 an hour for late check-outs until 1pm. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children The hotel doesn’t really cater to children, but baby cots can be provided for AU$15 a night, babysitting is available and the restaurant can heat up milk or baby food. Ask for a quiet room in any category above a Standard.
- Also The hotel is housed within the New Acton complex which also contains a selection of restaurants, bars and the Soma Day Spa. Guests of the Diamant have complimentary use the Fitness First gym just a 10-minute walk up the road.
Food and drink at Diamant Hotel Canberra
Bicicletta Restaurant, located within the hotel, serves Italian cuisine, specialising in gourmet pizza, fresh pasta and gelati. The focus of Bicicletta Restaurant is on supporting local producers, using seasonal ingredients to create delicious, traditional dishes, the majority of which are made from scratch in the restaurant’s kitchen. The authentic flavours are matched beautifully with an eclectic wine list that includes some lesser-known, but delicious drops from both Australian and Italian producers.
- Dress code Lose the lycra but avoid the corporate suited and booted look. This is a designer playground, after all.
- Top table Cosy corners for canoodling couples or communal tables for conviviality.
- Last orders Breakfast and lunch is served in Bicicletta from 7am–3pm and dinner from 6pm–10pm. Flint is open for lunch from 12pm–3pm Tuesday–Friday and dinner from 6pm–11pm Monday–Saturday.
- Room service Available from Flint from 12pm–3pm, then 6pm–11pm on opening days and all day long from Bicicletta, reflecting their menus.
A far cry from your average lacklustre hotel lobby, the Diamant Lounge Bar & Library works a sexy yet smart look with turquoise- and cobalt-backed dark wood book shelves and round mirror-topped tables etched with floral designs. Grab a banquette and browse the eclectic literature decorating the rear wall while you relax with a glass of wine and some smooth jazz. Drinks are available from 4.30pm–1am but guests can use the space, and its free WiFi hotspot, all day long. There's even a fireplace for cosying up in winter.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Diamant Hotel Canberra 15 Edinburgh Avenue, Acton, ACT 2601
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Diamant Hotel Canberra
Free one-hour bike hire for two people
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Premier Rooms are our favourite with extra space and king-size beds, a comfy couch and generous marble bathrooms, some with baths big enough for two. Ask for a room away from the restaurant for extra peace and quiet, or for a special occasion you can’t go wrong with the Suite.
Lycra shorts: the hotel has push bikes to rent and cycling is one of the best ways to get around this green city.
Design fans can play 'spot the modern icon' at Diamant Canberra, which boasts lighting by Italian label Flos, spindly orange steel-wire 'Corallo' armchairs by the Brazilian Campana brothers for Italian brand Edra and rugs by rated Hong Kong firm Tai Ping, among other cutting-edge pieces in the lobby and beyond. Set in landscaped gardens, the hotel was revamped by architectural firm Fender Katsalidis and the surrounding New Acton precinct offers a public arts programme led by art consultant Pamille Berg.