Dean Street Townhouse
Style Art-house hideaway
Setting Sociable, sexy Soho
Once home to Hogarth, Dean Street Townhouse, Soho, has all the drama and decadence of the painter’s pictures, along with cosmopolitan cool and a British brasserie. Various artists have passed through the 18th-century doors, and in its recent re-incarnation as a Soho House-owned hip hotel, the restaurant, bar and bedrooms still lure in a creative crowd.
Need to know
- Rooms 39.
Double rooms from $241.79 (£158), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£158) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude à la carte breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout and a DVD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, hair straighteners, minibar, free bottled water, and Cowshed products in bathrooms.
- Check-out Noon (but flexible – no later than 4pm and subject to a £10 charge for each extra hour); check-in, from 3pm.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also Rooms 18 and 36 have disabled access and bathrooms modified for wheelchair users.
Food and drink at Dean Street Townhouse
There’s been a lot of buzz about the restaurant, a bold red, cream and chocolate space, peppered with British artworks by Emin, Hirst and others, and decorated with Georgian-style wallpaper and striking chandeliers. Though the fare sounds simple (signature dishes include mince and boiled potatoes and the Townhouse mixed grill), it has seduced some of London’s pickiest food writers.
- Dress code Your latest Soho boutique buy. (A vintage frock with hip hosiery or mod-style polo shirt with Japanese denim will stand you in good stead.)
- Top table Sit in the cosy dining area at the front, slightly tucked away from the main affair. Red vintage chairs and banquettes make for a stylish, romantic setting.
- Last orders Dinner and drinks are served up until 11.30pm.
- Room service Room service is available from 6am until 2am. Choices are a trimmed-down version of the restaurant’s offerings.
The bar shares space with the restaurant. Expect a sociable, upbeat atmosphere and a mix of media types, locals and celebrities dividing their time between people watching, cocktail sipping and delicious dining.
Dean Street Townhouse Dean Street Townhouse, 69/71 Dean Street, London W1D 3SE
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Dean Street Townhouse
A Cowshed beauty product
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the Medium and Bigger rooms with freestanding bath tubs and grand four-posters. Rooms at the back of the building on the fourth floor are the most peaceful, but night owls should opt for a room at the front – the Soho views will compensate for any nocturnal noise.
Pack light – rooms are stocked with full-size Cowshed products and hair straighteners. Leave room in your case for Carnaby Street acquisitions.
This hotel is owned by the sexy Soho House group, so expect a fashionable crowd. Take a closer peek at the leaf-print wallpaper in the dining room for a naughty eyeful of the unexpected…