Style Hollywood colonial
Setting Lush gardens and palm groves
This Palmeraie boutique hotel in Marrakech is an expansive domain, with six-metre-high ceilings. The sleeping and lounging zone of Dar Zemora has punched-metal wall sconces, a stone fireplace (lit every evening), jewel-coloured rugs, and French doors leading to the elegant garden.
Need to know
- Rooms Two suites, three rooms, all very private and looking out on the gardens.
Double rooms from $232.34 (£155), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Dar Zemora is unable to accept payment by credit card.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£155) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, afternoon cake and tea, and mineral water.
- Facilities Hammam, treatment room for massage, aromatherapy and reflexology, library, limited WiFi. IPod docking stations and DVD players are available on request.
- Poolside The heated pool is shaded by palms and surrounded by gardens, parasols and teak sundecks.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible if room isn’t booked. The hotel can arrange for you to use a shower to freshen up if you have a late flight.
- Children Under-twos and over-8s welcome (check for other ages). Cots in suites, no charge; extra bed, £50 a night. Babysitting available.
- Also Airport transfer for £20 (highly recommended). Private parties of up to 14 adults can book the whole property. Call for specific details of wheelchair access.
- Hotel closed 1–26 August.
Food and drink at Dar Zemora
A two-course lunch is served daily. In the evening, dinner is served at 8.30pm. On Friday and Tuesday nights, tuck in to an international menu; on Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, Jamila prepares a three-course Moroccan dinner; and on Sunday a traditional four-course feast is served.
- Dress code As though you’re at home.
- Top table Weather permitting, round the pool by candlelight. In winter, by a roaring fire in the Omar Room.
- Last orders Dinner's always served at 8.30pm, but late arrivals can order ahead for a light supper.
- Room service 24 hours, but drinks only after 10pm.
None as such: you can relax with a drink wherever you choose.
Dar Zemora 72 rue El Aandalib, Palmeraie, Marrakech
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Dar Zemora
A candlelit scented bath with rose petals
Current offers at Dar Zemora
Offers at Dar Zemora
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Zahara suite has a lovely terrace, wooden four-poster and fireplace. The Perla suite is on the roof, with open fireplace, marble bath and big private terrace. Bebra is good for guests with mobility problems, and has a hand-painted bathroom ceiling.
Layers in winter; swimmers.