Dar Les Cigognes
Style Designer riad
Setting Neighbouring the Royal Palace
Once a wealthy merchant's house opposite the palace in Marrakech, boutique hotels don't come more stylish and intimate than Dar Les Cigognes. Behind a discreet door in the medina quarter, with the help of celebrity architect Charles Boccara, the owners of Dar Les Cigognes have turned two riads into a boutique hotel. Dar Les Cigognes translates as 'the storks' in French, as you can see them circling the skies.
Need to know
- Rooms Three superior, seven deluxe, one suite.
Double rooms from $172.67 (€130), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of €3.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€130) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rate excludes breakfast (€11 each for Continental).
- Facilities Spa with hammam, aromatherapy, shiatsu massage, reflexology, manicure, pedicure, waxing, boutique shop. There's a private chauffeur available for hire. Small library and boutique. Deluxe rooms (except Silver) and the suite all have open fireplaces.
- Check-out Midday, flexible if possible.
- Children Over-fives welcome. Extra bed for an under-12: €35 a night. There are pairs of rooms, which suit families. More...
- Also VIP transfers can be arranged with the hotel for 250–350 Moroccan Dh. Moroccan cookery lessons can be arranged. Minimum five-night stay required over Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Food and drink at Dar Les Cigognes
- Hotel restaurant Traditional Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine from a freshly prepared, daily changing menu.
- Dress code Relaxed.
- Top table In summer, on the patio around the fountain, or the roof terrace. In winter, in the dining room.
- Last orders For dinner, 9pm.
- Room service 24 hours: most requests can be accommodated, but the kitchen closes at 10pm.
- Hotel bar No bar as such, the whole riad is at your disposal for relaxing with a drink.
Dar Les Cigognes 108 rue de Berima, Medina, Marrakech
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Dar Les Cigognes
A complimentary Moroccan cookery class: book early to reserve your place
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Silver deluxe room has a four-poster bed and big bath. Harem is the romantic red room with a big four-poster. The suite has bathtub, walk-in shower, walk-in wardrobe, and can be partitioned into two rooms if you’re with children.
Don't bring a stack of books: the library, replete with novels and style bibles in many languages is the perfect spot to curl up and relax.
The hotel has put together its own cookbook, available to buy in the boutique.
From the Guestbook…
Lovely. The riad staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Must have a hamman followed by a massage, also the meatballs for lunch are incredible. Very peaceful and beautiful views...more