Style Light, contemporary, buzzy
Setting Lofty ex-schoolhouse
Amsterdam's College Hotel is easy on the eye and on the wallet. Imagine if an interior decorator from the East-meets-West school of design had been let loose at a posh prep school – the building has wonderfully high ceilings that reinforce its college credentials, a surprisingly relaxed elegant bar and a hugely popular restaurant occupies the former assembly hall. One important fact: rather appropriately, each member of staff is a student.
Need to know
- Rooms 40, including two suites.
Double rooms from $180.34 (€141), excluding tax at 6 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of 5.5% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€141) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Flatscreen TV, WiFi. In-room reflexology, Indian head massage, sports massage. 'Bath menu'.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible during the week.
- Children Cots provided at no extra charge. Roll-away bed, €60; babysitter, €20, both available on request.
- Also Parking, €45 a day. Bike rental, €15 a day.
Food and drink at College Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Located in the former school gymnasium, with food inspired by the golden age of Dutch cuisine and given a contemporary twist.
- Dress code Understated, easy.
- Top table Any near the big windows.
- Last orders Lunch: 14h. Dinner: 22h.
- Room service 24 hours: restaurant menu, with snack menu from 23h.
- Hotel bar The lounge bar specialises in Dutch cocktails with ingredients such as cinnamon and apple. It officially closes at 1h, but there’s always someone on hand.
College Hotel Roelof Hartstraat 1, Amsterdam, 1071VE
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at College Hotel
A welcome drink and a College Hotel pastry box
Current offers at College Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 123 is a double with a cute bay window looking onto the interior courtyard, with the bedroom on another level. Room 116 is a very spacious double room. Our favourite suite is room 101, with a freestanding bath in the middle of the bathroom.
It is important to note that the staff is comprised of hospitality-industry students, so you may have to find yourself 'bearing with them'; service is not always the slickest.