Style Centre of attention
Setting Middle of Mayfair
London's most glamorous grande dame wows with art deco decor, a fashionable attitude and an effortless air of refinement. Few hotels hold a candle to Claridge's for a sense of occasion, whether you're taking award-winning tea in the foyer, dining at Gordon Ramsay or sipping champagne at Claridge's Bar.
Need to know
- Rooms 203, including 67 suites.
Double rooms from $541.59 (£350), excluding tax at 20 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 5% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£350) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates do not include breakfast; à la carte items start from £8.
- Facilities Spa treatment rooms, fitness room with TechnoGym equipment, personal training, concierge service, boutiques, DVD library (£12 a day), free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, bottled water, organic Bamford toiletries, bathrobes, slippers. DVD/CD players, iPod docking stations, laptops and games consoles provided on request. In top suites, you'll also get champagne, fresh flowers, fruit and chocolates on arrival – not to mention butler service.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Warmly welcomed. Extra beds (£75 a night) and cots (free for under-3s) can be added to larger rooms; highchairs and special children’s dishes are available in the Reading Room, Foyer and by room service. Babysitting can be arranged, from £8 an hour.
- Also Small pets (up to 15lb) stay free. Outside your room, Fido must be on a lead and won't be allowed in any dining areas (an exception is made for guide dogs). All public areas are wheelchair accessible and some rooms are adapted for the differently abled.
- Please note
Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's will cease operations as of 30 June 2013. News about a replacement is hotly anticipated...
Food and drink at Claridge's
Headline act is Modern European fine-diner, Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's; grown-up food served in Thierry Despont's grown-up surrounds. The set lunches are great value; try the braised beef featherblade. All-day dining is on offer in the more relaxed Reading Room, with à la carte offerings spanning the gamut from corking club sandwiches to caviar.
- Dress code Channel 'The Great Gatsby': silky palazzo pants for tea in the Foyer; embellished flapper dresses for Claridge's Bar. You'll need to dress smartly (don a jacket, gents) for Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's.
- Top table For tea, you can't beat a piano-side spot beneath Dale Chihuly's luminous hand-blown glass centrepiece; for cocktails, snuggle in the Fumoir; at dinner, watch things heat up at the pass from the chef's table at Gordon Ramsay.
- Last orders Claridge's barmen shake and stir until 1am. The Foyer: breakfast, 7am–10.30am (Sundays, 8am–11am); lunch, 12 noon–2pm; tea, 3pm–6pm. The Reading Room: 7am–10.30pm; Gordon Ramsay: lunch, 12 noon–2.45pm; dinner, 5.45pm–11pm.
- Room service 24 hours: a delicious selection of dishes will take you from breakfast (including Continental and Japanese options) to dinner (canapés, steaks, lobster and more) via afternoon tea and canapés.
Reconcieved by David Collins, Claridge's Bar is a polished, old-school affair with sparkling surfaces and red-leather upholstery. Champagne cocktails are de rigueur, but we love the Chivas-, citrus- and mint-muddled Claridge's Regal. There's also a menu of bar snacks, including a daily-changing Bento Box. For a more intimate tipple, cosy up with a cognac by the marble horseshoe bar in the 1930s-themed Fumoir: cocktails are served in Lalique crystal, no less.
Claridge's Brook Street, Mayfair, London W1K 4HR
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Claridge's
A chilled bottle of champagne in your room on arrival
Current offers at Claridge's
Offers at Claridge's
In the know
Our favourite rooms
There's no such thing as a bad room at Claridge's, but cream of the crop are the beautifully appointed one-bedroom Linley Suites, with deco-style interiors by the royal furniture-maker, pretty period details, mirrored powder rooms and a fantastic layout. Low-key but high luxe, with floor-to-ceiling picture windows and extra-deep baths, Smith-pick Deluxe King rooms are perfect for lovebirds; there are some designed by Linley and India Madhavi, but fashionistas should opt for the one overhauled by prints-princess Diane von Furstenberg.
Claridge's is a scruff-free zone, and your scuffed-up Chucks won't cut it come dinner-time: so pack plenty of linen, silk, cashmere and clutches. Alternatively, bring your credit cards: the hotel boasts the world's only Paul Smith Women boutique (among others) and Bond Street is but a totter away.
In-room spa and beauty treatments available. Interiors aficionados will be seriously impressed: the roster of contributing designers includes CW Stephens, Thierry Despont, David Collins, David Linley, Diane von Furstenberg, India Mahdavi and Guy Oliver.