Château La Thuilière
Style French bliss
Setting Bordeaux winelands
Château La Thuilière hotel blends French grandeur with modern Spanish design savvy: an artful medley of stained glass, original tapis, bold hues and furniture by Philippe Starck and Mies Van der Rohe.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including two suites.
Double rooms from $179.99 (€140), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€140) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude buffet breakfast (€8 a person).
- Facilities Gardens, library, billiard table and free broadband (in the hall). In rooms: flatscreen TV, preloaded iPod, Nespresso coffee machine, fresh flowers, fruit, free bottled water and Miller Harris bath products.
- Check-out Midday; check-in from 4pm.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also Four-legged friends can come too, for €15 a day. (The owners’ spaniel, Patch, will keep them company.) Smokers can light up on the terraces.
Food and drink at Château La Thuilière
The five-course tasting menu, served in the dramatic dining room, is €39 (excluding drinks) and includes dishes such as duck ravioli, marinated mackerel with exotic fruits, and eggs from the hotel’s hens, served on truffled potatoes. Breakfast is a generous spread of local produce, laid out on an old monastery table in the basement kitchen.
- Dress code Stays here have an element of fantasy – model the bold colour, luxurious fabric, or seductive cut that you wouldn’t dare wear back home.
- Top table Meals are a sociable affair – guests are seated around a communal table.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 9am until 11am; lunch is between 1pm and 2pm; dinner is at 8pm.
- Room service No room service, but you wouldn’t want to spoil your appetite anyway. Bedrooms have a supply of fresh fruit, coffee and bottled water.
There’s a well-stocked honesty bar in the drawing room, formerly the dance parlour. Owner Jordi rustles up delicious G&Ts.
Château La Thuilière Château La Thuilière, 24400 Saint Front de Pradoux
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Château La Thuilière
A glass of champagne on arrival
Current offers at Château La Thuilière
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The XL rooms are exactly that, with sweeping views of the park and grounds, and sleek ensuite bathrooms equipped with invigorating rain showers. Room 3 has a soothing neutral palette and a balcony; Room 9 is more romantic, coloured with soft honey hues.
Lace and silks for candlelit dinners in the restaurant; dog treats for Patch; slippers for fireside lounging.
Ask in advance and the owners will organise cookery classes, tours of nearby vineyards, bike rides and other local pursuits.