Château de Massillan
Style Cosmopolitan castle
Setting Woods, vineyards and sunflower fields
This stylish Provence hotel near Avignon and Orange is a luxurious château retreat that combines contemporary flair with traditional comforts. Antique mirrors, Murano chandeliers and 18th-century chaises longues complement Château de Massillan's recently refreshed decor. In the excellent restaurant, southern French dishes are paired expertly with world-class Côte du Rhône wines.
Need to know
- Rooms 13, including one suite.
Double rooms from $235.03 (€182), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€182) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, €19.
- Facilities All rooms are decorated with antiques. Some rooms have large terraces that open onto to the courtyard.
- Poolside The beautiful courtyard swimming pool is surrounded by stylish wooden sunloungers.
- Check-out 11.30am, but flexible depending on availability; check-in: 3pm.
- Children Welcome. Rooms 10, 19 and 23 can accommodate an extra bed for €60 a night. More...
- Hotel closed From mid-October until 1 May.
Food and drink at Château de Massillan
Open daily for lunch (dish of the day) and dinner (set menu; €48), the restaurant blends classic French cuisine with contemporary flair – rather like the hotel itself. There is also a wonderfully comprehensive wine list. A reservation is essential. Head chef Frederick Lebourlout and sommelier Kelly McCauliffe have worked together to create perfectly-paired food-and-wine menus. With each change of the seasonal menus, guests can taste – and learn about – four or five exceptional wines. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.
- Dress code Birkin/Gainsbourg chic.
- Top table Alfresco in the oleander-lined courtyard.
- Last orders The restaurant is open 7.30pm–9.30pm for dinner.
- Room service Guests can be served breakfast in their rooms on request.
Guests may enjoy drinks throughout the hotel and grounds.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Château de Massillan Chemin Hauteville, Uchaux 84100, Vaucluse, 84100 Vaucluse, Provence
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Château de Massillan
A bottle of Château de Massillan Côte du Rhône Selection
Current offers at Château de Massillan
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The intimate suite is spacious and stands on its own in the gardens; the bathroom has views of the lake. Tower rooms have romantic free-standing baths. Room 16 is the personal favourite of the hotel’s owner, renowned interior- designer Birgit Israel. Room 15 has a big sexy chandelier and overlooks the fountain and terrace below.