Château de Bagnols
Style Five-star aristocrat
Setting Cultivated Beaujolais
The luxury Château de Bagnols hotel near Lyon has a moat, a drawbridge and towers of honey-coloured stone. Enjoy cookery courses, wine tasting, golf and tennis, or indulge in a gastronomic feast in the hotel's restaurant, washed down with an excellent selection of wines.
Need to know
- Rooms 21, including eight junior suites, four suites and one apartment.
Double rooms from $302.19 (€234), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€234) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, from €32.
- Facilities Heated outdoor pool in summer, library with internet access, WiFi from €15 a day, DVD selections, bicycles to borrow. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD, CD on request, bottled water.
- Poolside Heated outdoor pool in summer.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible where possible. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Extra beds (free for under-15s) are available in some rooms. Cots, changing mats, nappies, bottle heaters, baby baths and potties can be provided, and there’s a kids' menu. English-speaking babysitters charge from €20 an hour, with a day's notice.
- Also Book a body treatment in your room; hairdressing can also be organised. Small dogs can be accommodated. Smoking is allowed in some rooms.
- Hotel closed Until 29 March 2013.
Food and drink at Château de Bagnols
- Hotel restaurant La Salle des Gardes serves modern French cuisine, as well as traditional dishes and spit-roasted meats and game, in the former guards’ room and on the south-facing terrace.
- Dress code No jeans: châtelaine chic for her; jacket for him.
- Top table Dine by the fire in winter; in summer, eat in the Salon Ombragé, an outdoor dining space shaded by 100-year-old lime trees.
- Last orders Have breakfast any time from 7am until 10.30am. Lunch is served 12.30pm to 1.30pm; dinner, 7.30–9.45pm.
- Room service Available round the clock. Also served in the public lounges when the restaurant is closed.
- Hotel bar There’s no official drinking den here, but you can order wine or soft drinks to enjoy on velvet sofas beside the fire in the Grand Salon. In summer, staff will bring you drinks alfresco on the terrace.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Château de Bagnols Le Bourg, 69620 Bagnols
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Château de Bagnols
Wine tasting at a local vineyard or, when the vendange intervenes, two bottles of Beaujolais red or white
Current offers at Château de Bagnols
Offers at Château de Bagnols
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the arched ceiling, 17th-century frescoes and gilded four-poster in junior suite Gaspard Dugué (Room 8). The room was once part of the chapel where its namesake wed in 1609. Deluxe room Les Seigneurs d’Albon (Room 1) has a circular bathroom in the tower.
Bubble wrap, or other glass-protecting materials – you'll want to bring back some wine.
Horse-drawn carriage rides, picnics, hot-air-balloon flights, wine-tasting by arrangement. Luxury chauffeured cars available for transfers and touring.
From the Guestbook…
There is no place like Chateau de Bagnol for a romantic weekend. Lovely food, splendid suites, marvelous views over vineyards. Don't forget to ride the hotel's bicycles around the ...more