Cases de Son Barbassa
Style 400-year-old finca
Setting Rugged and rural
The ancient houses of Cases de Son Barbassa, with their 16th-century watchtowers, are filled with history but the rooms have all the essential modern luxuries: flat-screen TV, minibar, and big, supremely comfortable bed. The stone-floored bathroom, like the rest of this boutique hotel in Mallorca, is modern and ergonomically considered.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, including two suites.
Double rooms from $248.95 (€193), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€193) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Swimming pool, restaurant, bar.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Welcome: extra beds can be arranged. Children between two and 12 are charged 50 per cent of the adult rate.
- Also The grounds boast some prehistoric ruins dating back 3,000 years.
- Hotel closed November 15 until February.
Food and drink at Cases de Son Barbassa
- Hotel restaurant White tablecloths, stone walls – it’s smart yet relaxed, with amazing views across country. All the food comes from the farm itself, even the meat.
- Dress code As casual as you wish.
- Top table Ask for the table near the window; when it's warm, go for one on the terrace.
- Last orders Food: 10.30pm.
- Room service There’s none as such, but the minibar is reasonably priced.
- Hotel bar Have a drink on a lounger, or an armchair in the cosy lobby.
Cases de Son Barbassa Ctra. Cala Mesquida, Camí de Son Barbassa, Capdepera, Mallorca Balearic Islands, 07580
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Cases de Son Barbassa
A bottle of Mallorcan wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Room 15 has a huge terrace and the best vistas in the house. 21 and 22 are the suites with views, which can also fit an extra bed. Whatever size room you go for, ask for a countryside view rather than one of the swimming pool.