Style Designers’ playground
Setting Overlooking ancient Modica
Casa Talia, an intimate seven-room B&B hotel in the heart of Unesco-protected Modica, is the brainchild of two Milanese designers – who have used the hotel as a showcase for their classy stylings. Modern features complement a layout inspired by Sicily’s rich cultural past, and the result is a laid-back retreat in the midst of the island’s sun-baked countryside.
Need to know
- Rooms All seven rooms, including the two suites, are inspired by Sicily’s past – so expect Greek, Spanish and Arabic flourishes.
Double rooms from $152.85 (€118), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€118) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, air-conditioning, beauty treatments and massages on request. In rooms: king-size beds, flatscreen TVs, private terraces (in all but the two smallest rooms, which share outside space).
- Check-out Noon – though a later check-out may be available, depending on availability; earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Kids are welcome at the hotel, and under-threes stay for free. Extra beds for older children are €30 a night, and babysitting is also available on request.
- Also The hotel has a minimum two-night stay policy.
Food and drink at Casa Talia
- Hotel restaurant There is no restaurant at Casa Talia. Breakfast is taken at long wooden tables inside a cool, white cave.
- Dress code Country casual – open-necked shirts and diaphanous skirts.
- Top table When it’s warm, ask for a breakfast table in the garden, where you can eat under the shade of the olive and pomegranate trees.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar, but Viviana and Marco make sure their fridge (situated in a hard-to-find shed) is fully stocked with beer, water, iced tea and coca-cola at all times. All drinks are free.
Casa Talia Via Exaudinos 1, Modica (RG), Sicily, 97015
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Casa Talia
A bottle of good Sicilian wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love Il Mediterraneo, which comes with high ceilings, a cerulean wall, and ornate blue and white floral tiles behind the bedhead. We also like the pretty, feminine Sirah room, in which there's a beautiful bed dressed in crisp white sheets and an elegant lace coverlet. Its modern bathroom features a sink set on a gorgeous antique sewing table.
Make the word ‘lightweight’ your mantra when putting your holiday wardrobe together.
Modica’s ancient streets are more like the steepest of staircases, and the main car park is around 200 metres from the hotel.