Capo La Gala
Style Nautically Neapolitan
Setting Bay of Naples cove
High on the clifftops of the Bay of Naples sits Capo la Gala hotel, a stone-built spa-enhanced sanctuary made for sea-gazing and sunbathing. Admire the colour-rich and madcap art, pottery- and plant-lined pool and dine somewhere different every night.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including one suite.
Double rooms from $425.98 (€318), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€318) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a Mediterranean buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, outdoor gym, gardens, kayak and bikes to borrow, DVD library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms, flatscreen TV, minibar and Pamela Villoresi bath products.
- Poolside The tree-surrounded pool is at the heart of the hotel, with wooden decking and a rocky path down to the sea. As well as an outdoor Jacuzzi, there’s an assortment of terraces, both sun-drenched and shady. A heated pool awaits inside, too.
- Check-out 11.30am, but guests can usually stay in their rooms until 1pm with no charge. Earliest check-in, 1pm.
- Children Cots for under-threes are free; extra beds cost €50 for under-nines and €80 for under-12s. Ask three days in advance and a nanny can babysit for €15 an hour.
- Also Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas and small pets are welcome.
- Hotel closed November 2011 to 20 April 2012.
Food and drink at Capo La Gala
The main restaurant sits above the pool, with various seating areas dotted around the hotel, inside and out, including one down by the beach. Crisp navy tablecloths stand out against the white Panton chairs, and there are stacks of stripey blue and white cushions. It has a Michelin star to its name, so expect fine flavour combinations, such as tuna steak in herb pastry with caponata and candied tomatoes, and ravioli with caciotta cheese and marjoram.
- Dress code Pucci and Prada, worn with a tan.
- Top table By the windows in the main restaurant to stare out to sea.
- Last orders Breakfast is on offer from 7.30am until 11am; lunch kicks off at 12.30pm and lasts until 2.30pm; dinner is served between 7.30pm and 10.30pm.
- Room service Order in various pastas and puddings between 12pm and 10pm.
Above the restaurant, the beach house-style bar has stone walls and wide windows, with navy upholstery and lots of antique furniture. Sailors will love the model boats, conch shells and decking. The long wooden bar at the end is fully stocked with spirits and a selection of wines from Campania.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Capo La Gala 8 via Luigi Serio, Vico Equense, Amalfi Coast, 80069
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Capo La Gala
BlackSmith memberss receive a piece of local pottery from the hotel’s boutique; SilverSmith and GoldSmith members get a bottle of sparkling wine (champagne for GoldSmiths) and a selection of sweets from the kitchen
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We loved Room 205, a classic double room with a sea-view terrace, for the terrific tiles in its bathroom: white but with bright blue splatterings only an angry person with a brush could produce. Its terrace isn’t bad, either – vast, with a cactus and a spectacular view out to sea. The classic rooms on the second floor are smaller but their terraces more than make up for it; views are less restricted, too.
Deck shoes, striped things and an oversized straw hat.
The spa has ocean-green tiles, an emerald heated pool and coral sculptures, along with white treatment rooms containing paintings of green seahorses – it’s like being under the sea.