Style Modern Mexican beach retreat
Setting Breezy Baja
The sea is rarely out of sight at Capella Pedregal hotel in Cabo San Lucas, at the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula. Sandwiched between mountain and ocean, accessible only through a chandelier-lit tunnel, the resort’s beach-side rooms and suites look out over the spot where the Pacific waters meet the Sea of Cortez.
Need to know
- Rooms 96, including 29 suites.
Double rooms from $575.00, excluding tax at 29 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($575) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from $35), but include items from the minibar.
- Facilities Spa with 12 treatment rooms; CD/DVD library; free WiFi throughout; gym. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, CD/DVD player, minibar, Nespresso machine.
- Poolside The heated infinity pool by Don Manuel restaurant is open to adults and there’s a saltwater pool in the spa. By the beach club, there’s an all-ages infinity pool, as well as a children’s pool with a rock fountain. Though the hotel is on the beach, the ocean currents are too strong for swimming, so stick to the pools.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children The hotel is very kid-friendly. Cots for babies are available at no extra cost, babysitters can be arranged, and there is a kids’ club with half- and full-day programmes, as well as week-long arrangements. Rollaway beds are available for $75 a day. More...
- Also Pets are welcome. The hotel charges $150 per pet for animals to bed down, and will provide a food bowl.
Food and drink at Capella Pedregal
There are four. Don Manuel's is the signature eatery, serving a menu of locally inspired dishes from breakfast to dinner in a glass-fronted dining room with ocean views. The menu features tacos and salads at lunch, with roasted fish and veal chops at dinner. Tucked into the cliffs over the sea, El Farallón is modelled after coastal seafood shacks. Options change daily based on what the fishermen haul in, so diners choose their fish, which is weighed, then grilled and served with chillies. Set at the pool bar, Crudo, as its name suggests, specialises in raw fish, including ceviche, sashimi and sushi, with specials such as Chilean salmon with pickled cucumber and charred lemon. Beach Club is the most family-friendly option, showcasing local ingredients in pastas, tacos and salads.
- Dress code Beach chic: kaftans, linen trousers and sandals are perfect after a day of sun-lounging.
- Top table At Don Manuel’s, request a table by the window. On pleasant nights (ie most of them), sit out by the fire pits for spicy margaritas before dinner.
- Last orders Don Manuel’s serves breakfast from 6am until 11am, lunch from noon until 2pm, then dinner from 6pm until 10pm. El Farallon serves dinner from 7pm until 11pm. Crudo is open from 4pm until 9pm and the Beach Club from 11am until 6pm.
- Room service Available 24 hours a day; during restaurant hours, the full menu from Don Manuel’s is available, with a lighter selection of sandwiches, salads and soups on offer at other times.
You’re never more than five minutes away from a decent magarita. Each restaurant has a bar attached, and there is a swim-up bar in the adults-only pool, by Don Manuel’s.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Capella Pedregal Camino Del Mar – 1, Cabo San Lucas BCS, 234555
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Capella Pedregal
A hand-blown glass heart, made by a local artist
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each room has ocean views and a plunge pool, and all are decorated with brightly coloured Mexican art. Of them, Vistamar 344, an Estrella Suite on the top floor of its building, has a fire pit and sweeping views, along with a sitting room. For added privacy, the One Bedroom Beachfront Suites have the best views, their own gardens and a patio by the sea.
Don’t fret if you forget the basics. The hotel shop, AlmArte, sells stylish dresses, sandals and swimwear, along with art and homewares, including the dishes, pillows and art found in many of the guest rooms. The hotel library holds a stash of books and games.
Auriga Spa has 10 treatment rooms all circling an outdoor spa pool. Treatments include massages, facials and several all-natural services inspired by the phases of the moon. The hotel also offers candlelit massages and yoga.