Ca' P'a - Casa Privata
Style Boho beachside bolthole
Setting Praiano’s cascading cliffs
Casa Privata hotel on the Amalfi Coast is just that – a private home, restored by an architect and run by his three children. The family has given its summer hideaway to guests lucky enough to stumble upon this lusciously landscaped rocky retreat, a hundred steps up from the sea.
Need to know
- Rooms Six, including two suites.
Double rooms from $301.23 (€225), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€225) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities A DVD library, free WiFi and gardens. In rooms, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, free bottled water, a themed library and L’Occitane bath products.
- Poolside As of May 2011, there’s an unheated pool in the foliage-filled grounds.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 10am.
- Children Cots for babies are free; extra beds cost €20 a night. For babysitting, ask as early as possible so that a local nanny can be organised. The restaurant has a dedicated menu for tiny tastebuds.
- Also Pets are allowed with prior permission.
- Hotel closed For winter, until early 2013. For 2013 bookings, contact the Travel Team.
Food and drink at Ca' P'a - Casa Privata
The low-ceilinged restaurant has a banquette running the length of it, with crisp white tablecloths and hanging glassware. It’s an intimate, family-run joint, serving both Italian and international dishes, with an emphasis on fresh seafood, of course. Outside, there’s a wood-fired barbecue tucked in by the pristine hedgerow, ready to flame-grill some fish in the summer.
- Dress code Bold and bright to show off that tan.
- Top table Out on the terrace to marvel at the view of the sparkling sea.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 8am and 10am (earlier if you ask); all other meals are on request.
- Room service Hot food and snacks can be rustled up until 9pm.
There’s an honesty bar in the corner of the sitting area, with vaulted ceilings, pastel hues and gilded mirrors. More importantly, the bar’s also stocked with spirits and the appropriate receptacles.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Ca' P'a - Casa Privata Via Rezzola 41, Praiano, 84010
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ca' P'a - Casa Privata
A bottle of limoncello and a brass keyring from a fishermen’s shop in Amalfi
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love Cupola d’Oro for its glorious golden walls that glow in the sunlight, and its domed ceiling covered with original frescoes. Out on its corner terrace, there are spectacular views out to sea. Families and friends can book out entire floors at a time, with rooms that interconnect. If you’re not a fan of publicly wandering around in a towel, avoid the Red Room – the bathroom’s a few steps away, outside.
There are a 100 or so steps up to the hotel from the road, so all parties involved will be grateful for lightweight luggage.
There’s no spa, but if you’re desperate for a rub, in-room massages can be arranged.