Ca Maria Adele
Style Baroque elegance
Setting Canalside charm
With its Murano chandeliers, flock wallpaper and heavy damask fabrics, the Ca Maria Adele is absolutely Venetian, but its African wood, polished concrete and laid-back, bohemian atmosphere mean it is also undeniably modern. Located right opposite the Salute, it is in the heart of Venice's most tranquil area, the art quarter, and the only other tourists you are likely to come across are lost ones.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, including two suites.
Double rooms from $500.33 (€390), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€390) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and soft-drink minibar.
- Facilities Private landing stage, CD/DVD library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: plasma TV, CD/DVD player, Gilchrist & Soames bath products. Personal shoppers and in-room massages can be arranged, too.
- Check-out 12 noon, but later departures may be arranged. Check-in, 2pm, but flexible if the room is not booked.
- Children This is a grown-up getaway for over-16s only; the apartment suite, with its extra bedroom, is the one to go for if you’re travelling en famille.
- Also There’s a two-night minimum stay in high season (four nights during the Venice Biennale (28 May to 1 June 2013). Pets are welcome on request.
- Hotel closed 7–21 January.
Food and drink at Ca Maria Adele
Only breakfast is served. Italian-style afternoon tea is available on the terrace, weather permitting.
- Dress code Ducal and decadent.
- Top table Find a spot on the ponyskin sofas in the cosy living room, and take your tea there. You’re almost at water level, so the fascinating view of the nearby bridge and church is unlike any you’ll see from the upper floors.
- Room service A light, limited menu of salads, snacks and tasting plates is available from 11am until 11pm.
You can order evening drinks anywhere in the hotel. We suggest the breakfast room or the Moroccan Terrace on the second floor; in summer, you can have a tipple brought to you outside. After 9pm, there’s an honesty bar, stocked with prosecco, spirits and a selection of soft drinks.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Ca Maria Adele 111 Dorsoduro, Venice, Venice 30123
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ca Maria Adele
A bottle of Valpolicella.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We loved the themed rooms, in particular the seductive Sala Noire, the resplendent red and gold Sala del Doge and Sala del Camino for its huge fireplace. Overlooking the canal and the church, Deluxe room 332 and the Sala dei Mori have the best views. Modern, wood-beamed Suite 336 has a Jacuzzi tub at the foot of the bed.
Comfortable shoes; mosquito repellent in summer.
The hotel organises tailored tours around the city and you can take a gondola ride across to the Grand Canal to view the Royal Palace.