Style Bright and beachy villa
Setting Carbis Bay cliffs
Boskerris Hotel near St Ives has been around since the 1930s, but it’s only recently become so stylish. The renovation has traded faded seaside charm for some Mediterranean magic, with lots of glass, decking and crisp colours. Luckily, the views have stayed the same: lighthouse-filled sights worthy of featuring in a Virginia Woolf novel – and they did.
Need to know
- Rooms 15, including one suite.
Double rooms from $260.59 (£167), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£167) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full English breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, DVD library, parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, Grohe bathroom fittings and White Company bath products.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible subject to availability (a charge may apply after 1pm). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Over-sevens only.
- Also There’s a giant map of the area pinned up near reception, where the owners and past guests post their tips on where to eat, drink and visit.
- Hotel closed From the middle of November until the middle of February.
Food and drink at Boskerris Hotel
The restaurant cooks up local produce with Mediterranean flair for supper every day except Sunday. Typical dishes include deliciously crisp battered haddock and chips, as well as unctuous lamb tagine. And no supper in these parts would be complete without clotted cream – have a dollop on the sticky toffee pudding.
- Dress code Beach babe and surf dude.
- Top table Take a seat at the line of tables running along the windows and you’re guaranteed a scenic supper. If there’s a big group of you, book the separate dining area.
- Last orders Breakfast is 8.30am–10am; dinner 7pm–9pm. Drinks are available in the bar until 11.30pm.
- Room service Order up sandwiches and cream teas any time between 8.30am and 9pm, and anything that takes your fancy from the restaurant menu between 7pm and 9pm.
The Boskerris Bar is small space perched above St Ives Bay. If all the bar stools and armchairs are occupied, slip next door to the sitting room or out onto the decked terrace. Sound-wise, expect a musical journey from Spanish guitar at breakfast to jazz in the evenings, with bossa nova beats in between.
Boskerris Hotel Boskerris Road, Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2NQ
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Boskerris Hotel
Bottle of red or white wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
It’s got to be the Celebration room: as well as a sunken bath in the window overlooking the sea, it has double windows, a silk-adorned super king-size bed and its own wet room. For calm and tranquility, pick a Superior room – all three have a soothing colour palette.
Paintbrushes to partake in the arty activity, Bermuda shorts and a floppy straw sunhat.
The hotel has a beauty therapist on hand for various holistic treatments, including reflexology and shiatsu.
From the Guestbook…
Absolutely gorgeous, all down to the staff and service the delicious and romantic dinner and the scrumptious breakfast. Without a doubt one of the cutest, nicest, prettiest hotels ...more