Style Urbane Palladian mansion
Setting Rolling riverside parkland
This gorgeous mansion turned hotel, less than an hour's drive from Dublin, has had a thoroughly modern makeover, bringing contemporary luxe to original architect Richard Cassell's stately elegance. Bellinter House's wonderful spa, attention to detail and mouthwatering food are the tip of the iceberg: this is no sleepy country stately but an all-mod-cons marvel with quirky-clever decor details and 21st-century trappings.
Need to know
- Rooms 34.
Double rooms from $168.54 (€130), excluding tax at 13.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€130) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, library, games room, indoor pool, spa, sauna, steam room, hot tub. In rooms, minibar, flatscreen TV, DVD player, mood lighting, underfloor heating, Voya organic seaweed toiletries.
- Poolside Indoor infinity pool, lit by dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river.
- Check-out Midday; check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome, with advance notice. Cots and foldaway beds provided; babysitters can be arranged. The split-level duplex rooms in the Stable block are best for families.
- Also The countryside here is rugged and gorgeous – explore on foot in a pair of Bellinter House’s loaner wellies, or on horseback from one of the five local equestrian centres.
Food and drink at Bellinter House
- Hotel restaurant Eden, set in the bright, vaulted basement, is where the chefs conjure up Modern Irish bistro fare from fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Dress code Tongue-in-cheek tweeds and cosy cashmere.
- Top table A corner table by the wine-rack wall. On sunny days, on the terrace; or order a pre-packed picnic (complete with wine, champagne and blanket) and roam the gardens until you spy the perfect spot.
- Last orders 10.30pm in Eden Restaurant; 11pm in the Drawing Room; 11pm in Bellinter Bar and the Wine Bar.
- Room service 8am–11pm. There’s also an all-day menu available in the Drawing Room.
- Hotel bar In the Bellinter Bar, pints are pulled perfectly and cocktails are cunningly crafted (we defy you not to like the honey-sweet Bees Knees martinis); oenophiles could spend a happy afternoon tasting their way around the Wine Bar’s impressively stocked cellar.
Bellinter House Navan, County Meath
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Bellinter House
A seaweed bath for two in the Bathhouse spa; there are two baths, so couples or friends can bathe side by side
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Main House rooms have high ceilings, huge bathrooms and cracking views; Main House 1 has a tub for two. For a peaceful, pampering-focused stay, rooms in the Ruin are tranquil, secluded and close to the spa; Ruin 3 has a copper bath, Ruin 4 a roll-top tub.
Swimwear (Bellinter House has an excellent spa with an indoor pool, steam room and sauna), horse riding gear and boots made for walking.
Designed by Richard Cassels, 18th-century architect of the Irish Parliament, Bellinter House is of significant historical interest; the grounds and building are therefore open to the public daily from noon until 4pm.
From the Guestbook…
We arrived at Bellinter House after a wonderful weekend at a friends wedding, ready for some well deserved R&R. Having read the reviews of Bellinter House, we were ready for so...more