Style Lagoon luxe
Setting Azure waters of North Malé Atoll
Perched around an idyllic secluded island in a crystal-clear coral lagoon, Baros boutique hotel in the Maldives will exceed your highest fantasy-island expectations. Encircled by clear, warm waters and sugar-white sands, and dotted with swaying palms and fragrant flowers, this intimate resort’s scenery is swoon-worthy. Team this with serene contemporary rooms (including overwater villas), tantalising fine-dining options, a blissful spa and aquatic activities from yachting to yoga, and you have the ultimate atoll escape.
Need to know
- Rooms 75, all villas apart from one larger Residence.
Double rooms from $580.00, excluding tax at 18.8 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional government tax of $8.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($580) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Room rates include buffet breakfast. For stays from 1 January 2013, tax will increase to 18.8 per cent.
- Facilities Spa, library with books, board games, CDs and DVDs, free WiFi throughout, boutique, palm garden, pool table and table tennis, gym, water sports, dive and snorkel centres, private yacht and traditional wooden sailing dhoni. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, preloaded iPod, minibar, L’Occitane en Provence and Italian Acca Kappa toiletries.
- Poolside Baros Pool Villas and Premium Pool Villas have private infinity-edged plunge pools, and the Residence has a larger swimming pool, but guests in other rooms will have to make do with refreshing dips in the lagoon.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability at a cost of 50 per cent of the room tariff. Check-in, 2pm, or earlier if available.
- Children Junior Smiths aged eight or older are welcome, although this is more of a romantic adult retreat and there are no dedicated children’s facilities. An extra bed for a child sharing with two adults costs an extra 50 per cent of the villa tariff.
- Also Smoking is allowed outdoors.
Food and drink at Baros
Set over the water, circular fine-diner The Lighthouse Restaurant is shaded by a soaring sail-like white-tented roof that is dramatic by day and luminous by night. The lounge is the perfect setting for sipping champagne as the sun sets, and the restaurant offers fusion food with Asian and Mediterranean leanings. Cayenne Grill, with its thatched roof and open-air design, is a more casual affair where food offerings alternate between Maldivian, Indian and Japanese. By the water nearby, The Satay Bar offers spicy day-time dining – pull up a stool at the bar and watch as a myriad of South-East Asian-influenced satay treats are grilled before your eyes. Just next door, Lime Restaurant is perched on stilts above the water and dishes up an all-day menu of global à la carte dishes.
- Dress code Upscale beach chic.
- Top table Outdoor patio-front tables at any of the restaurants (we love the wave-side lower deck at the Lighthouse). You can also dine in private at your villa, alfresco anywhere on the island or out on a romantic sandbank.
- Last orders 10:30pm for dinner at the Lighthouse and Cayenne Grill; 11pm at Lime Restaurant. Sails Bar keeps the drinks coming until 11pm.
- Room service Available on demand 24 hours. The room service menu offers breakfast (including champagne breakfast for two), snacks, lunch and dinner options. The Light House and Cayenne Grill can whip up in-room dining between 7pm and 10pm.
With sugar-white sand underfoot and palms overhead, Sails Bar and Palm Garden is a seductive spot to sip a pomegranate margarita or a sommelier-selected wine as the day winds up. Live music acts play every Tuesday and Saturday night. The Lounge at The Lighthouse offers a more intimate drinking experience.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Baros PO Box 2015, Male' 20-02, North Malé Atoll, Male, Republic of Maldives
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Baros
Free group return airport transfers by speedboat
Offers at Baros
In the know
Our favourite rooms
It’s hard to go past the romance and seclusion of the Water Villas, each of which are perched above the water and boast spacious indoor areas, large private sundecks, outdoor daybeds swathed in flowing white canopies and timber steps that lead down to the lagoon. The eight Pool Villas each have their own infinite plunge pool, while the two Premium Pool Villas also sport lagoon-side Jacuzzis, their own exclusive section of the beach and the luxury of a dedicated villa host to cater to your every whim. The exclusive Baros Residence is the ultimate romantic hidey-hole sheathed by bird of paradise and palms, with its own private pool and garden. Here you can lounge on the four-poster day bed, treat yourself to an in-room massage or ask your personal on-call butler to bring you a mojito to enjoy on your sundeck just a step from the beach.
Leave your heels at home; they’ll just sink in the sand-lined pathways strewn across the island. Fashionable types should pack several swimwear options, some cover-ups and a maxi or two for island chic. Budding Jacques Cousteaus can hire dive gear here, so just bring your documentation.
The Spa offers a plethora of pampering wrap and massage treatments guaranteed to de-stress and delight. For the definitive Maldivian experience the Nooma, the Baros’ 19.4 metre traditional wooden sailing dhoni, can be chartered for diving expeditions during the day or private sunset dining at night.