Style Boutique bed and breakfast
Setting Edinburgh en route to Leith
It’s the delightful eccentricity of Ardmor House owners Robin and Barry that makes this five-roomed restored Victorian terrace in Edinburgh such a special cheap-chic option. A small staircase winds up to lovely, high-ceilinged rooms, where crisp bedsheets and understated decor provide a neutral backdrop for the vibrancy of the red-velvet lampshades.
Need to know
- Rooms Five.
Double rooms from $120.08 (£79), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£79) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12.50 each for a Continental buffet and Scottish breakfast).
- Facilities Gardens, tea- and coffee-making facilities; WiFi; flatscreen TVs; iPod docks.
- Check-out 11am. You can leave your bags here for the day from 8am onwards
- Children Cots available for small children for £15; high chairs.
- Also Smoking is only permitted in the garden and vestibule. Small dogs are welcome by arrangement. A minimum two-night stay is required at weekends; with a minimum four-night stay is required in August and other high-season periods.
Food and drink at Ardmor House
Breakfast is 8am–10am. On offer are a continental buffet, a range of house favourites (such as scrambled free-range eggs and Scottish smoked salmon or potato waffles with smoked bacon and maple syrup) and a traditional Scottish breakfast: Crombies of Edinburgh Pork sausages, oak-smoked bacon, free-range eggs, pan-fried mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.
- Room service Breakfast can be delivered to your room if requested.
Ardmor House 74 Pilrig Street, Edinburgh, Lothian EH6 5AS
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ardmor House
A complimentary bottle of wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms blend contemporary and traditional style and have private ensuite shower rooms and toilets. There are three large doubles with king-size beds, one of which can become a twin room on request.
Good walking shoes. Edinburgh is a city full of hills and many attractions to get round. And it’s always a good idea to prepare for all weather conditions: it can be warm, cold dry, rainy – all in the same day.